Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday Monday (da DA, da da da da)

Good morning, Monday! I am trying to get myself back into the frame of mind of "Monday is Good" so I actually got up at 5:10 this morning without bargaining myself into another worthless 10 or 15 minutes, so perhaps things are looking up. Today starts the first week in like 3 that I have worked a full five-day work week, and why not? It's the end of the month! Not like I have much to do... I think I might get docs on one file today, but knowing this lender, I'll get them around 4:30... I just checked my work email and they certainly are not here yet. I even took a courtesy signing for Judy in Main. By far, the worst month end on record, EVER. And remember, I spent the entire months of March and April surfing the net.

The weekend was a complete drag, I barely left the building except to get a much needed face waxing (and oh my HELL I needed that). My excuse was a very aggressive digestive cleansing (do I really need to come right and say "laxative"? What the hell, everyone seems to know about my blockage issues... because I blog about them... so it's really my own fault... and yet... I don't seem to care) and I felt it best to stick around a familiar bathroom. Not like I really needed to.

My plea to fellow bloggers of updating a little more often was pretty successful. La Bruja seemed to attack the idea with vigor, but then again, she's like that. But hey, it kept me busy, and frankly, that is all that matters. Thanks to you all, just remember, it's not a one-time thing - I require the commitment to your blog, dang it.

So I have been meaning to ask you if you have seen those disturbing VW commercials where the people are driving along talking about mundane things when suddenly out of no where somebody crashes into them. They're pretty graphic, let me tell you, and after the first 5 or 6 completely shocking, came-out-of-nowhere viewings, I finally started anticipating the crash (you are like, in the car with them, complete with full body air-bag impact, hair flying... my neck was sore for a couple days after the first one), but they still just shock the shit of me. I mean, it's not like I am going to run right out and buy a VW (or anything for that matter, JANET) (not even a PURSE), but still. If you were gonna, and safety was your gig, they certainly get the point across. Remember that movie (sorry Ellen) (and Shelia) "Adaptation" with Nick Cage playing twins and Meryl Streep smoking dope? And that part at the end where you think they are getting away and they get in a wreck out of the blue and Nick Cage 1 goes flying out the windshield? They're like that. It's nuts.

Okay, I am off to work. I'm not sure why I blogged this morning, but see? Content is secondary. Just leave a comment before I drive you all off with the boredom, please.

4 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyce, Why did you say sorry Shelia. I don't get it.

 
At 8:05 AM, September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Monday to YOU!!!
I give you props for bloging so early, I've been up for over two hours and had 2 cups of coffee, and can barely put a sentence together!
Thanks for making everyone blog - it's been interesting reading this weekend! lol

 
At 8:10 AM, September 25, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Anonymous1 - Because Shelia (you?) gave me shit for blogging about movies.

and

Anonymous2 - Hi. Not sure who you are, but Hi.

 
At 8:36 AM, September 25, 2006, Blogger My Way said...

I know who Anonymous2 is......but I'm not telling you because I have to go blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home