Friday, September 15, 2006

Home :(

Well I am back, and would you LOOK what time it is? It's no more than 14 degrees out here in the City of Roses and of course I arrive in a short sleeve tshirt. Plane was supposed to land at 10pm but we sat in Phoenix for an hour waiting for some weather to pass (great, I love turbulence) and instead arrived at 11. Poor Kathy! She gets sucked into picking me up and has to sit at PDX for a flipping hour. I owe her big.

So I thought I would check in and briefly state my sadness upon returning to a wet Portland and the fact that I have to get up in like 4 hours and go to work. I had a fabulous time as usual, fuck I miss living there, and of course didn't do half of what I set out to do. But there you go. Things are just so laid back that the day tends to slip away from you...

I lost my voice about Saturday and have not found it since. Which sucks for someone who talks a lot. Lord only knows where it went but I blame it on the a/c in the condo since I tended to keep it on all night.

Off to bed. It will be nice to be in my own again, even if it's only for a few hours. I think I might be a little wired still. Everybody pray my car starts in the morning!

3 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of you when it started raining yesterday! Thinking oh no, Joyce is going to FREEZE! Welcome home (or I guess I should say back...since I think home to you may be on the white sandy beaches...). Can't wait to hear all about it. On a bright note, supposed to be sunny this weekend :)

 
At 6:33 PM, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joyce,

Welcome back!

I can't wait to read all about it ... trip report, please?

janie

 
At 6:33 PM, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! almost forgot ... a belated Happy Birthday!

janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home