Saturday, August 19, 2006

I really made the coffee too strong this morning

Okay my new favorite song is "Una Noche" (Alejandro Sanz with the Corrs). I am hoping it's my neighbors' too because they hear it as much as I do. I am taking some of the annoying points of living in Mexico (playing music at all hours with no regard to others' sleeping habits is one of them) and incorporating them into my US existance. Free country, right?

Anyway, it's Saturday again. Yesterday at about 2pm I just finished working for the week. Stayed til 5 but let's face it, I barely worked. The atmosphere in the office was more like a carnival than a business office, let's face it. I figured it's not a big deal in that situation if I announce to everyone that I have over-worked the week and was done with it.

So my Bruja friend is pretty darn good, isn't she? She read for Office Boy John (John) and hit it on the head and she DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HIM. Look, Bruja, people want to know who you are and how to get in touch with you... Hmmmmmm.

Today I am going on a jet boat ride thingy in the Willamette (keep your mouth closed) with Kim S. and her coworkers. She does it every year with work but she can invite strays such as myself if she wants. It should be fun. Kind of a tourist thing, you know? In a city where you wouldn't like think of tourists doing stuff other than going up to the Rose (Hose) Gardens or walking around the Pearl or NW. I am not a very good resident when it comes to hosting. I don't know what's going on half the time as my heart isn't here half the time.

Look at this carpet! I really need to vacuum. I know I say that a lot but seriously, this is getting out of hand. What does it mean that I am just not hauling out the vacuum and getting it over with? Do I LIKE coming out here at 0-dark-hundred and THINKING I see spiders and/or critters on the floor? Because that is what happens, every day.

I don't know if I mentioned it (okay, the coffee is kicking in) (which means I am all over the map thought-wise) but I am booked for the 6th thru the 14th. Most of you Cancunenses have been to the States/Canada since I have been back from my last trip, so I cannot imagine you needing anything, but if you DO, please let me know. So long as it doesn't weigh 20 lbs or take up insane amounts of space. I don't intend to bring that one enormous suitcase because I end up spending up to $50 (I think it really is $50 on America West) per direction in overweight baggage charges. I just don't want to do that.

SS is having a party tonight and though I cannot be there in person I will be there in spirit. So if Xiang sees me doing the happy-it's-a-party dance tonight at 5pm (8pm SS's time) I hope she doesn't think it's because I am thrilled to have my toenails lopped off and the Cro-Magnum Man eyebrows tamed (though I am).

I'm gonna vacuum now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home