Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Happy Birthday Nancy - !

Oh, that's right, she doesn't read my blog. Okay, that's fine, at least it's out there. I just made a ginormous comment on SS's blog telling her to blog whenever she wants, even when it's about nothing, so I guess I will blog mid-week. From work. Where I am not that busy today.

Everything came to a screeching halt Monday when I tried to record on one of my lovely condo subdivision files and Recording did a date down (it doesn't matter that most of you don't know what I am talking about, that's what makes ME the expert) and found a construction lien that recorded against ALL THREE BUILDINGS in the subdivision for $1.3 million. Considering these units sell for anywhere from $160K to $275K, and about 24 of them are already closed, that leaves, what $54K PER REMAINING FILE to collect to pay off this lien? Sure! That's gonna happen... So yeah, the three files I have on my desk that would have closed Monday and Tuesday are just sitting there, waiting for their locks to expire, gathering dust and staring at me while my bonus slips away... I love my job. I do. I really, really do.

Then there is the rumor that money went down to the county yesterday to pay the taxes on Building C. This has not yet been verified. What this means to me is that the 20 people who call me EVERY DAY looking for a prelim will now be revved up to phone me EVERY 1/2 HOUR to get that prelim. And they think my poor little Title Officer can pump the prelims out that quick. AND they think that PLAT = OCCUPANCY and we know from the experience we had on Building B that that can take a while... So I guess it's time to grease up the ear (good Lord that doesn't sound good, but I'm leaving it in) and spruce up my attitude because the phones will be ringing. I am telling you, I love my job.

Okay that's it, might as well start the work day.

See SS? It doesn't have to have content. It just means no one will comment. But I know you are out there...

By the way, when does Becky come back from her vacations anyway?

4 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, August 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm baaaaaccccckkkkkkk!!!!! And reading your blog. I will admit that I didn't understand much, but don't know if that is because I'm EXTREMELY tired or you were just speaking in Escrowese! ;)

 
At 9:06 AM, August 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still don't know if these comments get to you, but I am bored stiff at work and am checking the blog.
Barbie

 
At 8:48 PM, August 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord, a lien against all 3 buildings, your builder has his head where the sun don't shine. How come this is the first you've heard? I hate your job for you! Unbelievable!
- Kim

 
At 7:43 PM, August 10, 2006, Blogger SS said...

Thank you, thank you for commenting on my blog!! You are awesome! And, like Becky, I didn't understand most of what you said on this post, but it was fun to read it!! Miss you! When you coming to Ohio?? Lol...I know, I know...it's just not South!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home