Friday, July 14, 2006

Just another "Day"

You're probably thinking to yourself, wow, Joyce must be neglecting her blog because the occupancy certificate on building B posted and building C must have platted! Well if you are, you're wrong! None of the above. There is a rumor that the CofO posted this afternoon but of course nobody has phoned me... There are just a ton of people that needed to move in and can't, and it's sort of sucky in that regard, but next week should be a doozy with closings.

You know, my life one year ago was SO MUCH DIFFERENT than it is right now. It's amazing what a difference a year makes. It's amazing what a difference FIVE MONTHS makes (fuck, I can't believe I've been back for 5 months). Last year the job I had was for 4 hours (with a half hour break, no less) three nights a week. And still I claimed exhaustion. Now, I work from 7am til 5:30 or 6, and though there is some lag time in there, when it's busy it is BUSY. I find myself having plunged back in to the reality that is escrow without much of an ease-in period (I mean, come on, first I am sitting for 2 months doing next to nothing, and the next thing you know I have in the neighborhood of 60 active files open. What is THAT all about?). I get home from work and the last thing I want to do is go out. Which is different from last year, too.

I also didn't have access to movies like I do here. Movie theatre (love the VIP) was always fun, but I maybe went to the movies 6 times, and mostly because there wasn't really anything I wanted to see. We didn't necessarily get ALL the movies. Then too I didn't have a rental account at Blockbuster (hassle, and also I could only play dvds on my computer, which sort of was awkward). So I missed about a year of movies I might have seen had I stayed here in the states for that time. Except of course during the hurricane, when I watched just about every movie Laura had, and on my computer to boot, for lack of any other resource.

Tonight (well, this week anyway) I received my three Netflix movies - "A Day Without a Mexican", "The Day After Tomorrow" and "Farenheit 911". I wonder what I was going for there. Anyway, I watched "A Day Without a Mexican" last night, and I do have to say, it was a pretty good flick. I encourage everyone to see it, as it is humorous and actually does have a good message (good point?). It sort of dragged in the end though, for a short movie, but I really enjoyed it.

I just finished watching "The Day After Tomorrow" and good LORD did that stress me out. I am not good with action films to begin with, not sure why I chose it, I think I was thinking that I should just rent all the movies I missed (whether I wanted to see them or not). Anyway, it was good and everything, but now I sort of have a tension headache and my neck is a little stiff... action flicks. So the beauty of it is they all end up in Mexico in refugee camps (funny, the Mexicans stopped the US citizens at the border and people were outraged) and when they needed to get a message to the president, they ran all the way there to give him a one-line message (like there are no cel phones in Mexico. Whatever, I give up on people here).

Tomorrow I have some purchases to make, and I have to clean like a bitch, and I may lay out some, and then I promised Tom I would pick him up from work and take him grocery shopping in exchange for borrowing his tent (well, you know, it just works out that way). Then I guess I will watch the last movie so I can get good and irritated. Maybe I am just looking for reinforcement in my decision. I don't know.

So this was a worthwhile read, wasn't it?

My neck is killing me. Going to pop some Advil and go to bed.

2 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, July 15, 2006, Blogger SS said...

JJ: I loved the movie "Farenheit 911"!! But, then, I'm such a democrat!! Hope you enjoy it, too!

 
At 12:30 PM, July 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Fareinheit 911 should be uplifting - NOT! I couldn't watch it for at least a year after the election. Glad I did finally, but it is just depressing the direction of this country (when one takes time to actually think about it). LOVED the last minute and wish I'da been in the theatre crowd for that one (in Seattle and NOT Indiana). Enjoy it.

Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home