Thursday, June 22, 2006

I was never great at trip reports...

Okay. So here I am.

I arrived on Tuesday around 12n and Janet was just pulling up, just in enough time for me to power down a cigarette. It was hot, nice and hot. We went directly to the Salvia condos and I checked into one of Brian's units, ocean front and on the 8th floor. It was huge, with a kitchen and two beds. The balcony sort of wrapped around and the view was beautiful. I threw on some shorts and we may have gone to Walmarts pretty much right away, I can't really remember if we went on Wednesday or on Tuesday.

Most of the week was spent running errands and spending time at My Place. It was pretty busy, no doubt about it, but I did manage to lay out some (a total of 7 hours for the whole week. Let's face it, I am not that tan) (as a matter of fact, the office boy John even told me he was disappointed in my lack of tan. I just looked in the mirror in the bathroom and I am SORT of tanner than last week...). Anyway, lots and lots of running around. There is still no a/c in the van and so it was a lot of hot wind drying the sweat that formed when you got stuck in traffic. I loved it. The best part of it was feeling like I still lived there, with so much to do all the time.

The club is great - Tuesday night Kim and Arturo and Laura came down and we all had cocktails and hung out. The club is a great "hang out" place. I spent a lot time there, sometimes drinking, sometimes not. The days sort of ran together because of the constant running, and that was a good thing.

The wedding I was sort of dreading actually ended up being quite a great time. Beautiful church wedding, and Eder went all out for the reception. The cake was enormous. There were mariachis and lots of alcohol and everyone seemed to be having a great time. I sat with some of the waiters from VCI, as well as Nora and her boyfriend of 6 months or so, and then later Sabas and Vicky. I got a cab back to the zh around 4am and even that was a good time, my taxista being a younger guy who sprang his fluency in English on me at about Ave Yaxchilan. At least he didn't mind my bad Spanish. We sat in his cab for about 20 minutes when we finally got to the hotel, so I didn't get to bed til about 4:45 making Sunday pretty much useless until the evening.

What else... I took a few pictures with Kim's camera, when I get them from her I may upload some, because there hasn't been a lot of photos on this blog in a while and I am sure this particular post is pretty boring to you all. I got to do lunch with Becky and Liz on Friday I think it was, that was good fun, and also with Kim on Tuesday (that ended sort of badly) (I had a visitor show up a week early and so I had to cancel my 2nd lunch date with Chris).

Tuesday night, my last night in town, was the night before Sergio's 40th birthday, and so of course I celebrated. Ended up drinking a lot (at My Place and then at the Black Pearl next door) and beat a record I thought I had beaten pretty well. Perhaps I will tell some of you what that was, but if I post it here you guys might not see me as the saint that I truly am. And I am one. Ask anyone.

Travelled all day Wednesday and that sucked because I hated coming home. But the good news is that my office mates really took care of my desk, so there was no stress today. I loved that. Literally never happens. So it was easy coming back.

I had a really great trip and priced airfare for September. I am already looking forward to that. It is important to have stuff to look forward to, no doubt about it. But for right now, my bed and my washer dryer are my best friends, so I am off to use them both. I am still pretty tired ...

Hope y'all didn't miss me. And Jeri, I hope you really LOVE those peanuts, because you have a LOT of them now!

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, June 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time, no a/c and tons of errands, I am errand girl. I LOVED the company, it made the chore not feel like one. It was just like when you were living here....(sniff sniff)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home