Thursday, June 08, 2006

Blllllleeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh. Poor you who tuned in.

Wow time flies when you are getting back to your roots.

Tuesday night Jill was in town and my mom and I met her for dinner at the McCormick and Schmick's at Riverplace. Mm mm good. Jill is the national sales manager for a textiles company now. I always get free stuff from Jill when she comes up here or I visit her. Once when she worked for Hamilton Beach I got like 6 toasters and 3 blenders. I kept one of each and gave the others away to my clients. When she worked for Douglas-Kwikcut last year I went back to Cancun with a nice knife set (they are still down there with Janet, too heavy for my enormous luggage situation. In theory I will bring them back this trip). Now with this textile thing, I left with a fun little present for a friend's daughter in Cancun, two throws and five throw pillows. Turns out seeing Jill is just the icing on the cake.

Other than that, just working. And working. And working. This subdivision is killing me because I am a total idiot about it. So far I haven't done anything WRONG, but when you do something for the first time you always feel like you are doing something ... wrong. So there I am. Lots of docs coming in today and yesterday, and more tomorrow, and since I won't have any coverage for my desk (we have "floaters" who cover escrow officer desks while they are on vacation) I have to convince one of the other assistants to do the payouts on them. Fun for them. My shit is pretty much squared away though, so it's not like it's that big of a job. Nevertheless...

Yeah I guess I don't have much to say midweek, but I feel like if anyone is still tuning in I should probably say something. Nothing has really fired me up this week so far. I got my hair cut, and Saturday will be the pedi and eyebrow (and LIP. I think I am ACTUALLY going to go for the LIP this time. Holy crap.), and then finish laundry and pack and go to work on Monday and then get the hell out of dodge.

I hope everything goes okay on my desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home