Saturday, May 20, 2006

Sabado haps and a little bit of selfishness.

So I did my class yesterday. Those poor brand new realtors had no idea what they were getting themselves into. The class is basically how to read a prelim and "escrow successes". I spent about 50 minutes of the class on the prelim and the last 10 on escrow, because escrow is boring to anyone not doing it, and let's face it, they don't really care. So long as there are no mistakes, which most wouldn't recognize until escrow called them to tell them about it, and they get their check, and they are made to look like superstars, they don't really care. This is not a slam against realtors, it's just a fact. Why should they care? They have plenty of other things to do.

Yeah, so it was just me chatting up there, blah blah blah, throwing in an anecdote, looking like a dork, fielding random questions, watching the two guys sitting out there with their heads in their hands (that's nice, real supportive). They had been sitting in classes like these all day long, and got me late in the day, and I think I even mentioned if anyone felt like catching a nap, feel free. I guess it went well. Who knows? There are things on a prelim that are just ugly and they need to know about them. I stressed communication with escrow and how we are there to attempt to take away all of their cares and woes. I am 100% sure they retained nothing. For that I walked in my shoes that I haven't worn in so long that they cut my feet to ribbons. Thanks!

So TODAY, it is my intention to do ... what? Go to Costco and re-up, and then purchase all the fun Costco things I buy, such as toilet paper, body wash, laundry detergent, and anything else I can get up the stairs in one trip. Entonces, perhaps I will swing by Barbie's and see Benny since he has been here since Tuesday and I haven't yet seen him. And I need stupid stuff like face wash (for the morning. I use those Biore face wash towelette thingies at night to effectively remove my mascara and frankly I don't know why I never did before). Perhaps I will break down and buy a coffee maker that isn't from the Carter era (remember the first Mr. Coffee? That is what I have. I don't even know where it came from. I moved into the house of cards in 2001 with an iron, a fabulously sleek black coffee maker with a clock and a timer and all that stuff, a coffee bean grinder, and an alarm clock, and now all I have is this Mr. Coffee that is older than most of my nephews and neices. If I had much left of a memory I would know why this is. But I just don't. Thank God I don't iron much, but there is this one pair of linen pants in my closet that really needs a good pressing, something the dryer just cannot fix).

I got up at 6:32am this morning and checked the pertinent websites, made some coffee, and paid some bills on line. I need to up my monthly contribution to Ciudad de la Alegria, so someone please remind me. I also need to make a list. Do you guys care?

My wrist is not completely healed either, and it's all another shape and the bone sticks out and I can't pick up a coffee mug with it very well. But can I just stress to you all that NOBODY wants me to go through that again? Can you imagine me going back into the doctor and saying, yeah, this isn't fixed right, can you RE-BREAK it and then fix it properly? I mean, you hear about them having to re-break bones to be reset, but what do they do? Push you down really hard? Come at you with a hammer? Talk in soothing low tones to you to get your confindence up and then just snap it? These are the only scenarios I can think of and frankly none of them are pleasant. I'll just continue my little vida with a hook arm and be done with it.

No more flashbacks til our little Janie comes back from Cancun (biotch) - she has asked this of me, I shall comply. Though I cannot imagine why she couldn't just scroll back to the first post she missed while on vacations like everyone else does. You do do that, don't you? I mean, to some of my more recent readers, you do actually go back and see, like, what I was doing in August, 2005, right? Can any of you out there tell me what happened when I fell down coming from the Oxxo? Or what happened at the Over 30 in centro post-Wilma when Janet went to the bathroom and left me with the non-English-speaking guy from Monterrey? If you cannot answer these things, well then I suggest you go back and do a little homework. It's not just about life in these United States. I am so much more - my mundane life knows no borders.

Okay, gotta go, this is the most time I have spent on a blog entry in weeks (so far I am at 15 minutes). You should go too, you have better things to do with your time, I'm sure. Some of you have kids that are probably hungry or want money. Me, I am going to go leisurely dry my hair, get dressed, and focus on the more important things in life: ME, MYSELF and I.

:)

1 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, May 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post...Love the bit about re-breaking your wrist. You are so damn funny.......Remember the twist-y spin dance we used to do? I could just yank your wrist really hard when it's my turn to twirl you around...I would do that for you, my dear friend...Brad and I are in Maui...Love it...no kiddos..yahoo...We get home on the 30th, and then let's get together after that since I will be the tan one,,,:)

Aloha Joyce....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home