Saturday, May 13, 2006

I promised to be more attentive. This is what you get.

So we went to the Farmer's Market. Not too much out today but plants and root vegetables, but I did find the soup lady (just really great soup) and Shelia got some strawberries for dessert for this afternoon's barbecue. I also finally tried Dave's Killer Bread, which I had been seeing around a little bit. Dave has a great story, and I have heard the bread is good, and I like bread, so... living in Cancun I really missed rye bread so I bought the rye and let me just say it is awesome. Read his story on the link, he seems like a pretty cool guy. Success in the face of adversity is something you don't really see too much anymore.

I managed to frame my art from the Cinco de Mayo gig, and get some organizational-type things for the bathroom and kitchen, and clean the bathroom and sort of the kitchen, and the apartment complex handyman finally came around and installed my screens, and then considered a nap but by the time I was done with all of that, it was time to go get Tom and go to Shelia's.

The barbecue was fun, sort of a nice end to Family Fest 2006, and it's always nice to hang out with Jim, and the kids are cute and all that. I managed to get home right before 9pm and am happily spending the evening a-l-o-n-e. But if I ever get this FLIPPING place organized and put away I am feeling like it will be a miracle.

Tomorrow I think I am meeting Kathy and we are going to find us (me) some comida Yucateca, there is that one alleged place over in Hillsboro. We'll see how that goes. I really doubt I will find some papadzules but one can dream. Right now if I even think about food I might throw up a little. You know how like when you are soltera you never have full meals? Every time I end up having a full on meal I get tired, bloated and am full for what feels like a week. Hmm, maybe I'm on to something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home