Saturday, May 13, 2006

Saturday morning listening to Channel 944

This morning is opening day at the Beaverton Farmer's Market, and I am hitting it around 8:30 with Shelia. Sort of a busy day ahead, which could explain why I woke up at 5:56 and couldn't go back to sleep. Last night I dreamt that I was back in Cancun for a little bit and I went to lay out and put sunscreen everywhere except my face, but since my lotions were all like up in the room I was staying in and my time was limited I decided to chance it. I don't need an explanation for what THAT means.

So let's see, the apartment looks pretty close to what it looked like last Sunday. I really need to find a frame for my art. And finish this all up. As you can see, I am not doing now, in the quiet of a Saturday morning. Where is my motivation?!

Work is also going well, I get a new order let's just average out once every 1 1/2 days. Marketing Rep Tricia will be back from vacations tomorrow and of course I arrogantly expect her to focus all her attention on me. When it comes to work I am highly competitive - I want the MOST numbers, the MOST clients, the MOST exposure. I can't imagine why she wouldn't want to come back Monday morning and squire me away to any number of potential clients so I can wax philosophical on my theories related to all things escrow... can you imagine working with me? Sometimes when I am talking I sort of hear myself and say, jeez, you know what? Shut up!

What else... Haven't done much this week at all, just happy to have regularity with the net and TV but seriously there is N-O-T-H-I-N-G on TV, and my brother Brad and his family are here right now, so Barbie and I went over to my Mom's house Wednesday to see them so I missed America's Next Top Model. The good news is they replay last week's episode on Tuesday nights so I get TWO nights of ANTM this week!*

So last night we had an informal gathering over at Barbie's for pizza and beer - Brad, Lisette, Jack and Mae, Mom, Tom, myself and Shelia. There was a rumor of a Barry siting, but of course, he did not show. I haven't seen him in ages. Anyway it was fun in a casual way, I really like Lisette and their kids are pretty cool too. After that I had to find my way over to Seamus's dad's house, where I have only been once, and a long time ago, for Seamus's birthday. Sol had emailed me about it and I told him I had a prior commitment but would try to go over after - I almost blew them off because it was starting to get past 8ish, but I got a phone call so I went.

I'm glad I did, even though I am a dork at finding my way places. It was brief. Got to see Joe, who is looking quite sharp, Jen and Ch.. woops I guess I should say Jen and Gerhart (the other one used to just roll right off the tongue) briefly, and then of course Seamus the birthday boy and Sol. As well as Seamus's dad and step mom (step mom?). I was there for one beer and started kinda whining about having to get up early, but the party pretty much moved across to where Seamus lives, but then almost IMMEDIATELY moved on from there, which all worked out for me since I had the opportunity for some chit-chat time but without having to stay out all hours and smoke too many cigarettes and all that head-achey stuff. But I promise I am going to hang with those guys soon, it was really good to see them/talk to them.

And now, the Farmer's Market (I hope that soup lady is there, her soup is the BEST), and then home where I will probably tan, clean, unpack some CRAP, and then go on to Shelia's around 3:30 for a barbecue with the family because I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

I did get to talk to Stateside Jan Jan Friday and that was good. I cannot wait to get down there to Cancun and hang at the bar, and get some sun, and run stupid errands and see my little town and figure out ingenious ways of putting My Place on the map where it belongs ~ !

Busy day, my bangs are drying and I need to get moving!
_________________________
* Just so you know, I don't watch ANTM for the content. I think I have made it clear earlier in this blog somewhere that I find it to be pure comedy, got addicted to it in Cancun, and am happily supporting my habit here in the US. I'm not a wierdo, a hillbilly, or a 14 year old girl.

1 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, May 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks God...I was hoping for a new post today! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home