Thursday, April 27, 2006

Yay! Presents!

It's funny. I quit my job, and suddenly I am busier than ever. Today I did a miracle escrow (opened and closed within 24 hours - well, it WILL be closed within 24 hours), and also signed (for the third time) one of Nina's files on my way into work, ran around all day doing stuff, and didn't get home until 7pm. I mentioned to a couple of the girls still in the office at that time that it was important to note that I had QUIT and yet was still working my ass off. See how nice I am?

Today I also had a nice surprise visit from Jeri T (well, it's P now and has been for like a really long time). She brought me a present!

Wasn't that nice? Not to mention fitting. You know, Jeri and I have been in touch over the years, somewhat sporadically (I blame her, you know, I am famous for keeping in touch with my friends...) and she never really knew that the word "bitter" is one of my all time favorite words. I use it all the time. She said she was reading the blog one day and decided that I sounded sort of bitter. And then she happened upon this mug... the rest, as they say, is history. Present aside, it was a great visit and I hope that we continue to keep in touch because a) we have a great history, and b) at this point I need all the friends I can get. Somehow I became unpopular. It's really quite interesting to me. One day I am filling a bar full of people at a going away party and the next I am like a leper. I guess the going away party was really for them. Who knew.

Okay, so tomorrow is my last day at Transnation. I will be moving over to First American (back to First American) in Lincoln Tower on Monday. I am looking forward to it because I will bring a few files over, and it will be nice to be all comfy-cozy working with roughly the same people as before. Roughly the same procedures, roughly the same policy, that kind of thing. It should be good. Not expecting miracles, just happy to be back in the norm again.

Not much new besides that. I am looking forward to getting settled this weekend (not looking forward to the process) (or the check writing) and sort of moving on. Back to the business of living in the US and all that. For now anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home