Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Waiting on ANTM...

Yep, it's on like season 7 here or something, but I still love my America's Next Top Model. Sheer comedy. I am idly wondering how I can get my hands on the seasons that I missed between here and Mexico...

So yeah, I gave my notice to Nina on Monday morning. She totally understood. I mean, how could she not? So her assistant is on vacation (chance of a lifetime - under normal circumstances you simply do not take vacation during month end), and I told her that I knew she needed to phone Wayne so I'll stick around for as long as they want. Turns out, I am the first escrow officer on record who was ever asked to stay out there notice period. Consequently I have been busy doing Nina stuff, and its the busiest I have been in ages. Wayne did phone me from his sick bed, and didn't chew me out, told me he was sorry that Marketing didn't want to do their job, and forwarded me some emails showing that he pleaded with them to do something but they still resisted. Maybe they are getting a vibe from me that no one else does. I don't know.

Bottom line - I will have a full paycheck Friday and I need it to pay the people I need. So that's good. Also, today I had an appointment at 8:15 to get the old cast off, and then after that I ran to St Vincent's Hospital to re-sign a buyer whose paperwork was wrong. Ran for the rest of the day, working harder than I have in a long time for a company I barely work for. Is it not clear that all I really wanted to do was think again?

(Did you notice how I totally glossed over the cast issue? Pretty anticlimactic, considering I just pulled it off my arm and handed it to the nurse, and now I have a brace for 2 weeks, but you know, it's great to have that bulky thing gone. So, yay me!).

So right, Kim S and I went out on Saturday night - first we went to Washington Square and shopped for some things, and then from there we got a bite to eat at a place called Bajio something or other (great shrimp tacos but they got rid of their horchata machine and they need hotter salsa), and then we met one of her friends downtown around 8pm. It was prom night for a bunch of schools, so her friend (a guy) sighed dreamily at the young nubiles in pink tafetta and hooker shoes while we sipped cold beverages. We hit a couple places and then met her boss and his buddy at a bar in "The Pearl", a way-cool-trendy-hip-we-think-we-are-something-bigger-and-cooler-than-Portland-but-when-all-is-said-and-done-it's-PORTLAND neighborhood replete with pretentious theme bars (apparently martinis are still "in") and the beautiful people that frequent them. Her boss and his friend were very fun though, hilarious actually. Goldie (the friend) was a cartoon character at best description (Rugged knows what I mean) and I really enjoyed bullshitting with him. Because, you know, he wasn't just making sure everyone else saw that he was there. I did have a fun time, it just wasn't my scene (am I making that obvious). Got home at a decent hour, and then I don't think I did a dang thing all day Sunday. I know I didn't shower.

So yeah, just playing the waiting game. Got everyone scheduled for the weekend and then I start work at First American on Monday. It will be fun. The atmosphere is just a lot warmer.

Okay, time to watch my show. Seriously.

3 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has nothing to do with a vibe. You were just meant to go back to your old job sistah!

 
At 2:23 PM, April 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joycee, I'm thrilled to death you are going back home to FATCO. Where are you going to be based? I'd love to see you.

 
At 7:50 AM, April 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those young nubiles will one day be 40 and will experience weight gain, wrinkles and sagging! That is comforting! They, too, will look at the younger generation & laughingly say...one day you'll be 40!! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home