Saturday, April 08, 2006

Walk your way to happiness!

Today I am doing a 5K (walk, good Lord, do you even know who I AM?) for www.clarajean.org. Afterward is a health fair and my sister Shelia is coming along with me to do the walk and check out the potential for the health fair in terms of her side business. The whole organization and their events are great, a worthwhile cause with some very forward thinking. Click on the link to learn more about it (since this ISN'T a public service announcement).

The blogworthiness of this event, however, is not the organization itself, but the fact that, because it has been somewhat sunny and dry all week, when a person is forced to sit in their office all day, today it is POURING DOWN RAIN. So (though it is definitely for a good cause) we get to walk along the Columbia River in 45 degree-, 10 mph wind-, blowing rain. I'd wear something rain-geary-y, but I barely have work clothes let alone something to stave off the cold and wet. This should be a study in fashion...

I'll fill you in on the details later, if I don't lose any limbs from the cold.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, April 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOooooo, how was the charity walk? Did you freeze or what?
-K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home