Friday, March 31, 2006

Sighting - For Jeri

I just had to quickly post this. Today at the Starbucks I discovered that the girl in line in front of me was Joni D*! I almost burst out laughing right there waiting patiently for my coffee. I spotted her overprocessed hair and too tight denim ensemble stretched over her over 40 year old body while realization spread over me like the pre-coffee wave it can be. She didn't look bad (I don't think you wanted to hear that, did you, Jeri?), just not 24, so quit trying to dress like it. Her skin didn't look all messed up like it used to either. You see, folks, being 40+ means that the odds are good you have acquired some money in your life, and you can afford things like a standing cut and color every 5 weeks, gym membership, and microdermabrasion. So growing older gets a bad rap; myself, I think you need to focus on the positive of every situation.

Anyway, I saved my burst of laughter until I left the store and was walking across the parking lot. I visualized myself whispering "BitchSlutWhore" in her ear while I reached around her to grab my venti peppermint mocha (it's Friday), and I could barely contain myself. This town... you gotta love it sometimes.

SOMETIMES.

More later, I just thought I would share.
_____________________
* Obviously I cannot post her whole name here. What if she is the type of person who regularly googles herself?!

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, March 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! That is hilarious. To bad I wasn't with you, boy the fun we would have had with that one.....Hey, I don't look to bad for 40 so I'm glad that she isn't a fat, washed up, yucky face bitchslutwhore......Really.....:) I'm in Vegas right now with Tami (Becky, she is best friends with your brother...who I met when we were in Boston a few years ago, what a funny guy...) and the kids. We are actually in the airport and, of course, our plane is delayed two hours...Great more time to gamble and lose...I know think positive, but all the positiveness is just not paying off.....Okay, Tami is coming back and it is my turn to go play, we make a great tag team when it comes to my kiddos...Thanks for posting this Joyce, it made my day. Becky Congrats on your new job, I hope it all goes well.....

 
At 1:09 PM, March 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of these days I will learn how to properly post on these things....Really, I should just pick up the phone..........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home