Thursday, March 09, 2006

From work - I could be in BIG trouble

This is really testing the waters. Today I downloaded MSN Messenger on my work computer. What the heck is that all about? I have some clients on it so I figure it might be easier to communicate that way (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!). I really just like chatting with Liz and Kim and the others during the day. And now BLOGGING from work? What kind of crazy risk-taker have I turned into? Talk about walking on the wild side!

So yeah, snow. Okay, a) it's March and b) it's Portland. You can all personally thank me for this because this is the kind of shit that happens when I return to the land of my birth. The last time I came back we had the great floods of '95. This time, the blizzard of '06 (well, just watch, that's what they will be calling it on the news tonight. Literally nothing happens in this pathetic city so our newsrooms have to sensationalize everything). Barbie had like 2 to 2 1/2 inches at her house and the drive to work was fine if not a bit slushy. Then it just started raining like a bastard and that washed it all away, but I swear I thought I couldn't get colder and yet, here I am, freezing my ass off.

As for yesterday's entry, people irritate the crap out of me (so what's new?) and as Liz so eloquently put it, and if you will allow my paraphrasing, who am I to take away your joy? To extinguish what little light you have in your day? I won't let a few jerks ruin the fun. Because this is oh so much fun...

I really don't have much else except for the fact that so far there have been 2 spiders in Barbie's house and she gets a bug guy in there pretty regularly. I don't know if I can handle that. One in the bathroom, one in the kitchen. Both decent sized. The next will be in my bedroom or in my hair, one of the two. She asked me if I would prefer cockroaches - I said Yes - because then I call the bug guy, he comes, they die, I don't worry for another 4 months. As it stands right now, I will be looking over my shoulder for the next few weeks. Eek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home