Saturday, March 11, 2006

I REALLY fell.

This will be short since I am typing with one hand and just popped a Vicadin. I fell last night in the parking lot of the Tillicum. Backward, on my ass. And apparently I tried to break my fall with my left arm. Didn't work - the fall instead broke my wrist.

I didn't do anything about it last night, besides ice it. This morning I went to the ER (after all the "ER" I watched on Warner Channel you would have thought I was right at home), and sure enough, broken. I am in a temporary cast, and have to go see an osteopath early this week to get the real deal on, for at least 6 weeks.

I can drive (automatic), but simple things like buttoning my jeans and putting on a bra take four times as long. Forget about socks, which makes me sad, since I am freezing`all the time.

Maybe I'll take a picture of it with my camera phone and try to post it here.

>Sigh<

3 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, March 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyce,
I´m so sorry to hear about your broken wrist. I´m sending healing thoughts for a quick recovery!

 
At 10:49 PM, March 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good God Joyce...It just keeps getting better and better for you...My family is now over the flu so I think I shall call you this week and try to pass some good karma your way...

 
At 9:12 AM, March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! That's all you needed! I can't believe that! My right hand is still screwed up from my fall on Xmas...never went to doc cuz thought it was just a sprain but turns out it probably was broken and I probably should have...I can totally identify with the buttoning of pants and all that good stuff involved with getting dressed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home