Wednesday, March 22, 2006

How easy it is to act rich again.

Well, I arranged to have the Honda towed from Tom's to Clarke's Wednesday morning, and it wasn't as expensive as I expected. Still expensive, but not as bad as it could have been. Now all I have to do is get to the DMW and get a temp on that thing and get it to DEQ. It will be nice to listen to CDs again. The Clarke's guy said some really nice things to me too, but I won't get into it here, I don't want to gloat.

Work is picking up some. Tomorrow morning I go to the doctor and get my cast looked at (not sure exactly why) and hopefully he will tell me he'll take it off next week. Please think good thoughts. I mean, not the whole thing, but glory I would love to have my elbow back. I bought some bumble and bumble shampoo and conditioner to the tune of $39 the other day and I still can't really tell how I like it. With one hand/arm, here's what I do: hold the hair dryer in my right hand and point it at my head while doing absolutely nothing with my left arm, then pray that it looks somewhat decent when it's done. My hair looks different every day anyway, even with two good limbs, so you can imagine what it looks like lately. Consequently, I have to lacquer it down with hairspray and then sort of shape into some sort of acceptable style. Which means that I have no idea how my bumble and bumble is actually working on my hair. Why does it seem like I have had a cast for months and months when it has only been a week? Will I be able to last the 5 more weeks required of me? Will you??

I hate the escrow system at work too because it is getting the better of me right now and that bums me out. Plus we have shared printers (at First American we all had our own) and if you blow off going to get your stuff off the printer right away, you can pretty much kiss it goodbye because it will get mixed up with someone else's stuff and they will usually not realize it til way later and then just end up throwing it away (let's face it - if you're too lazy to go get your stuff off the printer right away you are going to be way too lazy to bring whatever stuff wasn't yours back to the printer). Oh it's the little things that make me dislike being new at a company...

All right then, America's Next Top Model is going to be on soon and I want to be ready for it. Yep, some things don't change. Network TV here in the States is disappointment #1, for definite sure, because it is all reality TV and besides ANTM, it all is garbage. I strongly dislike greedy, materialistic, pretentious people and since reality TV is crawling with them, it must be what Americans want. What - EVER.

Ciao ~

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want you to know how when I'm having a crappy day I go read your blog, get a good laugh, and feel much better! Thanks for being you, you really need a column in the paper.

 
At 2:30 PM, March 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. The best blogs are ones that you think suck!

 
At 7:28 AM, March 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean you bought $39 of products???? I packed half a suitcase just with product you had brought TO Mx and didn't use up!!!
.....and yeah I agree with the girls, even on your sucky day you are good Joycie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home