Saturday, March 18, 2006

One month... >sigh<

I can't believe it, one month already. I feel in some ways like time has flown by, and in other ways it feels like I have been here forever. And not in a good way.

Anyway, haven't done much of anything, for those of you keeping track (or score, whatever the case may be). Just going to work and not being able to touch my head. I signed my first file Friday, but it was for a friend/client, and so I went out and signed them at their home in Milwaukie (across the river. Note to self, avoid crossing the river at all times). On the way back to the office was something like the biggest wreck in months or something on the 205 freeway and they closed it and of course I was trapped on the stupid freeway for 2 hours and then I tried to detour through West Linn to get myself back to Washington Square and since I haven't been in West Linn in the daytime in something like 12 years I got lost for ANOTHER hour... well you can imagine the rest. So Tom called and wanted to know if I wanted to see Benny that night, and I had to bow out - not because I don't want to see Benny, but because I didn't want to see him at the venue they were meeting. Oh what the hell, it's all up to interpretation, reader. Some of you will use this for gossip fodder anyway, I guess I am glad I am giving you something to do in your obviously pathetically boring lives. And NO Becky, I am not talking about you. :)

So re-entry has been an education in all the things a person should aspire NOT to be: selfish, self-centered, materialistic, yuppie, Beavers, phony "environmentalist" types who drive their recyclables to the neighborhood center in their SUV and complain that there aren't enough Starbucks in the neighborhood (no lie - I was in line at the Garden Home Starbucks one morning on my way into work, and there were maybe 4 people ahead of me and 4 behind me. One of the women behind me actually said, "I think they should put in another Starbucks in this neighborhood so we don't have to wait so long." I just looked at her and said "You're kidding me, right?" She wasn't. I love Starbucks and the whole experience of it and all that, but you can't swing a dead cat on any sidewalk in greater Portland without hitting 6 or 7 of them. Seriously.). Plus I could live without bread being $4 a loaf.

Hey next time anyone from a) Mexico comes to the US or b) here goes to Mexico and returns to the US, could you pick up some Nexium for me? I'll pay up front. I am dying right now and Prilosec OTC is just a joke when it comes to a stomach like mind. I understand my Nexium may no longer be covered by insurance, and if it isn't, then what is the point in going to the doctor? Thanks.

Well, loyal readers, sorry that you tuned in to the new post to hear nothing new, but doing nothing allows me to save money to get back to what I want to be doing. Now, since I haven't said exactly what that is, we'll see how that gets back to me.

Next up: Joyce breaks down and buys a stupid car! Stay tuned!

2 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, March 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joyce, My Aunt is living in Puerto Vallerta (did I spell that right??) for another 6 or 7 months..I will ask her about the Nexuim. Is it something she can mail here? How much would you want???? Let me know. Keep the faith girl, it's not so bad...We Oregonians still love you...xoxoxoxo

 
At 11:35 AM, March 19, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Um I'm not sure. Perhaps I will find out for sure if it is covered, and then let you know, since she is going to be there a while.

Sorry I took so long to respond, I couldn't stop laughing about the mail question. Mail? From Mexico? Faster that she brings it back in 6 or 7 months! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home