Monday, March 20, 2006

At work and bored. That can’t be a good sign.

Remember “be careful what you wish for”? Well I wish I had some work to keep me busy. I have like 6 files. I did get an order though today, it isn’t here yet, but it will be soon, from a complete stranger. The realtor phoned the office and asked the receptionist what my name was, she had seen me in the Friday class and was impressed, and thought she would like to send me an order. Which is all well and good, but I wasn’t IN the Friday class. I went up and popped my head in, they introduced us (all the officers), and then I left. Pretty impressive. Maybe she reads auras or something.

Counting the days until I make my next move. Today I dropped a load of cash on a bunch of different things involving insurance and home furnishings, etc. I also bought a book (like I need one) and a purse (like I need one of THOSE). And some edamame because I never eat lunch (not sure what that’s about).

So I need to buy a car, something used, something inexpensive, looks like I might have to go see a dealer and I so don’t want to do that, but I need reliable and I don’t have any savings. So I am trapped. I think I will do that this weekend. You must all be so jealous. Having worked at dealerships and then auto finance in my past lives, I HATE going to car dealerships as a customer. The lies. The deceit. I can’t take it. And I tell them so. And that doesn’t make anyone happy. So add that on to yet another adventure and something else I don’t want to do. It’s not a question really of not WANTING to do it, though, it’s a question of having to, and I know I will feel better when I can stop saying “I’m 40 and I’m driving my mom’s car.” I suppose too I could just have the stupid 92 Honda fixed though, too, for way cheaper, but can I drive a stick with my arm like this? Hm. Maybe I should revisit this. Then I could just save a bunch of money and not worry about going to a dealer for now and then buy something for cash later. Hey yeah! That is EXACTLY what I am going to do! Thanks, Blogger, for helping me out of this mini crisis! Everyone should get one of these!

Okay, so that’s done, I guess I have something to do now. I have to phone the repair place and get an appointment for my coche.

Sweet. No new(er) car = faster to the goal. Yay.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, March 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the business and more so on the new purse - can´t have too much of either! :) Blogs as problem solvers/therapy...hmmm, something to consider.
Hope you are doing ok with the arm! Take care!
Becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home