Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Missions slowly being accomplished

Got the temp. Need to go get the car. Miles to go before I sleep. Fingers crossed for the DEQ. So many of you do not know what any of that means.

Congratulations to Becky for starting a new job! As one of my most loyal readers, I think it bears announcing. Good luck with it! You'll be great!

Not really much going on (big surprise) - I can totally take the cast on and off my wrist. Something tells me I am not supposed to be able to do that. But when they cut the original gi-normous one off me last Thursday the sound of it was enough to wake the dead; I don't like pain and especially the potential of pain, even though they swear nothing can happen to you in the cast-removal process. So I could go back and say, Hey, the cast isn't tight enough, and have them re-do it, but the odds are good they won't let me just slide it right off (well, maybe they will but it's a chance I am not willing to take). And I don't want to hear that saw again until it's time to say sayonara to the cast for good. That will be in one month. I guess when the wrist starts feeling better I will just slip the cast off for showering purposes. That's a plus, right? Unless it just doesn't help with the healing.

My Place is coming right along and though that makes me happy for Joe and Janet, it kills me that I am not there watching it progress. I decided today I need to start planning my trips south for the year. I need to do a lot of things, including call Eder and get the skinny on his boda and book that one.

Also something... can't remember... oh yeah, I bought a package last night because I am tired of looking dead. I looked in the mirror at work in the bathroom yesterday and saw just how dead I looked, and immediately raced off to my desk and called Emerald Tanning. Nip that in the bud right now. This is insane. I may live in the tundra but I sure don't have to look like I do!

Okay, that's enough I guess. I am at work and not busy (clearly) and so I am going to sign off for now and make it look like I am working for the next like 45 minutes or so.

Have a nice night.

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, March 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention Joyce. Congrats on keeping on keeping on! I´m looking forward to more installments, but please no more bug pictures! I don´t want to think I might have to deal with one of those! :)

 
At 8:17 AM, March 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL about the tanning, it sure feels good! I have resorted to self tanning lotion...this awesome brand called St Tropez. It's expensive, but you don't have to go anywhere to get tan and it shouldn't give you any wrinkles... Of course it doesn't FEEL good like the tanning booth/sun does...can't have everything I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home