Sunday, April 02, 2006

At least I got lubed up beforehand

Jiffy Lube sees me coming from 45 miles away every time. $21.99 for the Signature Service Oil Change. Yep. So my car has 208,435 miles, which means that it is recommended that I put the special "high mileage oil" in my car, which adds $14.00 to the price. The kid also advised me that it was recommended that I should have my radiator flushed since it had been about 9000 miles since I last had it done (forget the fact that the car sat for about a year and 3 months, he didn't know how right he was) for $59.99, and the automatic transmission fluid flushed and refilled (yeah, um, my car's a stick) for $79.99. I explained that I was at Jiffy Lube today simply to change the oil, and that I would have the rest of the fluids flushed at a real auto repair shop soon. He said okay. And then told me that the radiator pressure cap wasn't sealing properly (what the fuck is that?), so it was recommended that I replace that for $8.99 because it was the reason why my coolant was so low. I told him to do it, and to top off the coolant (included in the Signature Service Oil Change for everyone else on the planet but me), and he told me it would be another $3.99 for some reason I didn't catch because by this time I was only half listening to him. Oh and one more thing - did I know my passenger side brake light was burned out? No, I did not. So there's another $6.99.

By the time I got out of there my $21.99 Signature Service Oil Change (Sunday's Special!) cost me $65.96. I fucking hate Jiffy Lube.

One positive - "Family Guy" is on at 9pm Sunday night. Every Sunday night. Not just some random night after 11:30pm where you don't know whether or not it will be in Spanish. Every Sunday night at 9pm, in English. I just watched it. Side-splitting. Seriously, you should watch it. It's hilarious.

Okay, two blogs in one day. My little treat to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home