Friday, April 14, 2006

Just got paid, it's Friday night...

Well, I guess I have angered a Becky for not having updated since Wednesday (you know which Becky you are). Sor-ry!

So Thursday was a busy day. I got a phone call that could amount to something positive, but I won't say anything until I know for sure, so you will just have to wait. Also, yesterday I phoned my long-time friend in Califas as it was his birthday. I haven't seen him/spoken to him in something like 5 years, and before that, shoot, probably another 8 years (he really is my friend, you know). Anyway for some reason my brother Benny had given me his number about a month ago, and then last Saturday Benny phoned me looking for that same number (there really is no rhyme or reason to anything, is there?). Which put him in my mind, and that reminded me that yesterday was his birthday, so I phoned him, and he returned the call, and we had a great talk, and it was just a really nice end to a not so terrible day. Thanks, Rugs!

I also heard from my friend Brad in Cleveland, and that is always fun for me, because he is quite possibly one of the funniest people I know (there I go, pissing off a Becky again) and I remember the night we went out for beers right before I left Ohio, and how we started off saying, "This isn't going to be one of those tearful goodbyes, we'll just say 'see you later' and be done with it" but by the end of the night we WERE tearful and being stupid and all that (if you read this, Brad, it's true, don't deny it, I saw tears in your eyes!) and it remains a really great memory to me. So I had a couple blasts-from-the-past and that is always good for the psyche.

Today, since I can't move in to my apartment for 2 more weeks, was payday, so I booked a flight to Mexico and bought a Michael Kors purse ~ nothing like a $700 day! I haven't drank a drop in a really long time so I have to self-medicate with something. It's a bitchin bag and someday if I ever get a digital camera I might take a picture of it. It's green and it's gigantic. I'm such a bag hag.

The coup-de-grace today was that Janet called from My Place tonight. They opened for a sort of sneak peek for some message board folks that were threatening to come by, I guess I will find out later if they showed. She told me that they were pretty bare bones - just about a dozen booze bottles, some beer and soda, and plastic cups, but the place looks good. They expect to open next week probably. Kim and Arturo, Helen and Christian, and Nancy and Andy were there so I got to speak to them, along with a tortured conversation with Rafa in Spanish and a quick hello to Sergio. I let them know I would see them in June. This is the toughest thing for me, knowing they are opening up and me not being there. I really am bummed out, but I love to hear from them and about the club. Some day, soon, I have to just keep that in mind.

Anyway, decent couple of days, the biggest setback being the apartment thing. But all I can do is wait for it to pass.

And THAT is not feeling sorry for myself, Becky! :)

4 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, April 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you weren't there last night. It was fun and it's going to be a great hangout. And you were so missing, we all felt your lack or presence!

- Kim

 
At 6:37 AM, April 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JJ: I can't believe you mentioned Brad, but not me - ROTFLMAO - can you guess who I am?? How come I don't remember going out on your last night in Ohio??? Huh...must be getting old! Wonder if I cried? LOL

 
At 8:31 AM, April 16, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Silly girl, I know who you are! This last night was just with Brad and Brian L. (remember him?) and myself, hence no recollection on your part. I have mentioned you in this blog before, after we talked on the phone a few months ago. You remember that, don't you, about a month before the biggest phone bill you have ever recieved in your life?? :)

 
At 6:07 PM, April 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...the phone bill was actually only about $15.00! Thanks!! :):)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home