Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Aaahhhh, another speed bump

I think that under the circumstances I have been holding up pretty well. The universe has been throwing it at me and I have been taking it. I could have a horrid attitude at this point, and yet I am keeping a stiff upper lip. I have no other choice but to keep positive thoughts. Because things just keep getting better and better.

Sure they are.

Yesterday in the mail I got a form letter from the apartment complex giving me the telephone numbers to the utilities whose services I will be needing. They asked that I have the account numbers all set up prior to signing the lease so that the process is smooth. This sounds promising, I thought, as I stuffed the letter in my purse to take to work this morning so that I could be sure to phone in the day and get a move-in date to provide to the various service providers. After all, the tentative move-in date has been April 15 for a little while now, and when I snuck in last Sunday there wasn't much left for them to do, in my apartment anyway.

I phoned right before my visit with Laurie McQuary. I got the machine so I left a somewhat detailed message regarding what I needed. I also mentioned that if they needed a little nudge from the inspectors at Washington County, I would probably be able to make some calls. Ha ha.

The return call came a little later in the day, after my appointment (which by the way was very positive). I was on the phone when it came in, so the apartment manager (not Janice) left me a return message. Unfortunately, it will not be ready until the 29th. No real reason why, but I was so bummed I didn't have the strength to return her call today. I will tomorrow.

There are so many little things that you look forward to that become such disappointments when they don't work out, that when added to the rest of a person's day-to-day, could drive a person completely off the deep end. I am so close to the end of my rope I can't stand it. I could list them all right now, but I won't. Not so much because my friends have heard (and read) it all before, but also because I really feel that there are people out there getting a secret pleasure reading about the stumbling blocks that keep getting tossed in my way. I prefer not to give those few that kind of power. I wonder why they even bother to read about someone they don't even want to know. But karma is a bitch, and it finds you even when you think you are doing such a good job hiding your true self from the rest of the world. Me, I think I understand karma pretty well, and I do my best to always keep it in the forefront of my soul.

As for my little appointment, she made me feel very positive about the things that I feel like I should be doing. I feel like I am on the right track, that I need to start making some plans again, and that I am ready to start doing things for me, and nobody else. That is inspiring. You know when you are talking with the "real deal", believe me. So it was a busy day, with disappointments, but with good things too that make the big picture so much more appreciated. I will hang in, I have no other option.

1 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, April 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that people who claim to be friends would get pleasure out of anyone's trials & tribulations. That is just wrong!! WTF is up w/ that?? Too bad there's no way to block them from reading your blog. You've come a long way, baby - tell them to F off - yes I smoke Virginia Slims & love their slogan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home