Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunday Recap - A "Can't Miss" Entry!

Well, the walk was not so bad (since you asked). It was cold, and it rained, and I looked outlandish, but it was a nice time. We arrived early of course (my client, whose mother is Clara Jean, didn't recognize me what with the hat and slicked back bangs), but met up with our team and got walking at about 10:30. It took us just under an hour and the walk was pretty, if you didn't mind the grey backdrop. I saw a heron, which always makes me happy. I saw a few clients and signed up to win a raffle prize (apparently didn't win) and then afterward we went to the other side of the park to the Farmers' Market. I love a good Farmers' Market. The rain was pretty steady but let up just about as we were finishing, and then on the drive home we got hit with some good blinding downpours, but after that it started to clear up. With my 4 layers I was a bit warm in the end, but all in all it was for a good cause and I am glad I got to walk for a while, considering I haven't walked further than my car since February.

The rest of the weekend was pretty low key. Didn't do much after the walk, and then this morning Barbie and I ran to the Square, and to my storage unit to pick up my feather bed and comforter to take to the dry cleaner, and then to Target where I picked out, but did not purchase yet, my shower curtain, bought some new bed pillows, picked out (but again did not purchase) a stereo (I am sure my current one has bit the dust, it was only playing on one of three cd slots when I packed it away June 2004), and a rug for the kitchen. Then we went by my someday apartment, and snuck in (the doorknobs are on but it wasn't locked). From the looks of things, all they need to do is lay the front porch (at least I hope so...) and paint the walls (I confirmed with Property Manager Janice that it will not be painted "apartment white" but a sort of cream that is standard at that property - it's warm, not stark), and then it's go time. I wish they would hurry the fuck up, this is agony. Of course there was a spider in the bedroom (the last time we snuck in there was one in the dining room - further sealing the deal with Columbia Pest Control) but it has some cool light fixtures and it will be nice cooking with gas again, especially the kind of gas range that you don't have to light with one of those long Bics like in Cancun, where every time I boiled water I was sure I was going to lose the top part of my hair.

After a successful b-and-e we went home, and I went tanning and to the supermarket for some fish and came home (Barbie had dinner at her neice's house) and made some of Janet's pescado empanizado (though she doesn't know that's what it's called)(I hate to say it, but I don't think I will ever be able to scramble it into eggs), took a little nap, and now here I am, waiting for Family Guy to come on and contemplating what to wear to work tomorrow. Remember, Mondays are GOOD days! Mondays are FRESH NEW STARTS! I LOVE Mondays! (If daily affirmations got me back to this hell-hole, by God they can do anything...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home