Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's sunny, but I still can't feel my toes

So yeah, some things are coming along.

Wednesday I got a call from Nikki and Linda at the place I used to work, offering me to come back. I'm doing it. I have nothing against Transnation, it's just that a) I need to be marketted, and b) I am drawing a pretty big salary out of an office to which I am not contributing a dime back. How can I? The clients I have re-enlisted are doing what they can, but the marketting folks need to get me out there to get more. No matter how many times I have complained about it to them and to my county manager, I still sit there and DON'T go out and visit lenders. Stupid. Also, at the other company, I have access to better Customer Service resources so that when my client asks me for something, I can actually get it to them in a reasonable timeframe. I am still waiting to find out zoning information that I asked for a month ago. I am not kidding. It also took me for flipping ever to record an accommodation BSD that should have taken half a day. I finally got that info back a week later. What the heck is that? The gals over in the branch I am in right now are fine, nice and all that, but since I was just dumped on them, I don't get much of a warm fuzzy from them, and I really don't blame them. Okay, that's my story.

I meant to quit Friday around 12n, but I ended up taking a signing for my boss, and then when I got out she went into one, and I had to leave at 1:30. I know she will want to call in the county manager so he can chew me out, so I am giving her the opportunity, because I don't have anything to hide. I am just not getting my needs met, and perhaps I am high-maintenance to that degree. Not a bad thing - high maintenance in this business means I make them money. Seems like a win-win to me.

I got my haircut at Evolution on Friday, it looks good but so far I haven't taken a shower yet and tried to do it myself, so we'll see how that turns out. Around 3ish today, Kim S. is coming over and we'll hit Washington Square and do some shopping, and then go out and meet some of her friends and another friend of ours for a couple of cocktails. The moratorium has been briefly lifted because Barbie is out baby/house sitting for her boss in Wilsonville. Except I had a dream last night that she came home today and said, Yeah, I just didn't want to be there anymore, so I am staying home, and I had to frantically call Kim and tell her I couldn't go and she was mad and you know, my dreams are funky, because in the same dream I was in a bar that doesn't exist but I dream about all the time, in Cancun, and then went out back to throw out the trash, and accidentally knocked the entire trash dumpster thingie down, which was basically a big fence covered in white plastic, and really big, and I don't even know where THAT came from...

The best news of all though is that I heard from Property Manager Janice and she told me 29 April is the day! So I phoned the movers, and after a day of phone tag, was disappointed to find that he was booked til 1 May! But he gave me a referral to a company that has the same rates, etc, and I phoned him, and I am all set for Saturday afternoon ~ sweet. That'll be nice. Now all I really need to do is call the bug guy and set that up, call Scott from Comcast (almost typed Cablemas) and set that up, and get my comal and other things from Kathy. I don't even know what is over there, besides the comal because I desperately miss it, and maybe a coffee maker? Who knows. I hope I can make arrangements sometime this week to get that stuff, even though I still have this stupid cast, I should be able to struggle it all in the car.

So that is the update for now. I guess I'll take a shower and get the day going. I have been slipping the cast off for showering purposes but it still feels wierd and hurts like a bitch when I'm done, but it sure beats putting trash bags over it every morning!

6 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Joyce - on the new (old) job and the confirmation of your moving day! Your blog today was full of hope - and that makes me happy for you! :)

 
At 2:30 PM, April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic news JEJ....I am full of happiness for you. Funny, what's old becomes new again. Hopefully it will be like slipping into an old comfy pair of sweats...I've already bought a couple of bottles of wine so let me know when you are ready for company...I'm off to shower myself as we just got back from a quick beach trip..........Good luck with the hair, I can NEVER get mine to look as good as Aimee can..What's up with that????? :)!!!!!

 
At 7:46 PM, April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the DATE! I wish I could be there to help you inaugurate the place.

And congrats on changing jobs, you'll be more comfortable there.
- K

 
At 3:27 PM, April 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock sistah!

 
At 11:18 PM, April 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joyce,

Could you email me your address please. I bought you something fabulous today that I just knew you had to have when I saw it. OR, We could meet for lunch...Let me know.....:)

 
At 10:03 AM, April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I can't wait to hear how it went when you resigned...did they let you walk or do you stick around until the end of the month? Also, I think you need to blog about that crazy guy Goldie that we went out with Saturday night!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home