Tuesday, May 09, 2006

But wait, there's more

I just wanted to welcome a couple of new readers, you know who you are. Canuck, of course, and Gringa, as well as S and Rhonder, and Rugged, if you are still reading (you used to have sort of a short attention span, not sure if that is the case these days). And of course to all my other faithfuls, you know who YOU are, SOOO many to list. Don't worry, Jeri, though I found quite a few more Austin surprises, I was able to get them all up off the carpet. Seriously, it's no big deal.

I promise to be a little bit more attentive to the blog, and therefore, to you. Mostly because I really don't have a lot on my plate these days. The apartment is still in a shambles, but I did manage to empty a few more boxes, take the empties to the recycle thingie, and hang some pictures.

Victoria and I went to the Cinco de Mayo festival on Friday night at Waterfront Park (Portland has a sister city program with Guadalajara, and so we have like one of the biggest Cinco de Mayo festivals in the United States - certainly bigger than anything they have in Mexico, but if you don't live there or never did before, you wouldn't know that) - it was fun but the beer lines were outrageous. I got some art from Chiapas, which sort of makes me laugh since I had to come all the way back to Portland to get something made in Chiapas. Now I just need a frame. And at least one end table. And some sort of shelving thing, though I am not sure where I will put it, because I have 900 framed pictures, crystal, and other displayable thingies (Nancy would call it chochkie, but I don't know how to spell in Yiddish) that need a home.

Okay, that's pretty much it again.

4 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Joyce,

I really loved my visit with you. So much so, in fact, that I was really proud to leave all my sticky messes behind. I wanted to give you something to remember me by. Mom is mortified and is really hoping that you will let her come over again. This time without the Mike & Ikes. Who knew that I would find a new way to amuse myself. It's a good thing that I am so handsome and my Mom can't stay mad at me for very long....Are you mad at me??? Ashlie wants to come over next time, she is the clean one.....Welcome back to the land of chaos.....:)

 
At 8:45 AM, May 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one of your faithful readers, I have to say THANK YOU for 3 very amusing posts in the last 24 hours!! Keep them coming!

 
At 10:12 AM, May 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know.... I didn't write that last "anonymous" post.

 
At 5:40 PM, May 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Joyce sounds like things are falling into place. Spending the average $200 on hair and product, getting beers, almost unpacked and the thaw is coming soon. Now the only problem I have is the lack of communication while at work, this MUST be fixed!!lol Glad to be reading the blog again and hearing from you, one month until the Joycie comes back to us (if only for a short time!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home