Monday, May 15, 2006

Wonderful, wonderful weather!

Today it was a record breaking 95 degrees in the greater Portland metropolitan area, and let me tell you, I was digging it. It even felt mildy humid, which never used to be normal for us. There was a pretty strong wind gusting now and again, so every time I slipped outside I never really was hot. People complained, I think that's funny. But I just loved it. Tonight I don't think it is supposed to get below 80 (unheard of here, especially in May) but then the weather tomorrow is supposed to be in the 80s. Doesn't much matter, I have to be at the airport Embassy Suites for a training class all day tomorrow.

Just look at this - really pretty here when it's sunny. I can live with it, for now. Yesterday Kathy and I hit that Pollo Yucateco in Hillsboro for lunch - no papadzules but we had panuchos and an empanada, soda, and I had horchata. The couple that run the place are from Yucatan (obviously) very near Lol-Tun. Very sweet, and the food was awesome. They offer cochinita pibil, pollo pibil, salbutes, panuchos and empanadas, and I bet you I can convince them one day to make me some papadzules or something fun like that. I bet if I just phone ahead... They sort of capitalize on the chicken though, and though that is fine, keeps the gringos happy, I would like to see some more fun regional dishes. I'll get on their good side at one point and ask. You never know. But I will be back, for sure.

I got home around 4 and took a little nap but it made me not sleep well last night, so I have to remember not to do that Sundays, since I have to go to bed so early anymore.

Work is good, more orders today, I love it. Chatted for a while with Imelda, who recently was in Cancun and near Akumal for vacations. She's a kick. Starting to establish my work chums. Getting into it little by little by little...

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger SS said...

I'm so jealous that you're having 80 degree weather. It's been raining here for days and not above 60! It's supposed to rain a couple more days. It's so funny cuz today I told someone I thought maybe Ohio switched places with Oregon!! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home