Monday, June 05, 2006

Out and about and a minor rant

So Saturday was quite fun, and trust me I am still feeling it at 6:30pm Monday. I got to the bar around 8:30, and Sol was there already, as were Gilberto (the bartender I know who used to work at Azteca) and the other bartender I know there whose name escapes me but who I used to make out with every now and again. What a tart. Anyway, not long after my arrival Jamie, and her friends Missy and Cory, showed up. Haven't seen Jamie in forever and she looks great, a really great girl. After a while Kim, Felt and Kim's friend Leigh showed up, as well as Sol's little brother and his friend. Much drinking ensued. I had a separate tab thinking it would curtail my obligations for the night but I don't know who I think I am kidding, I put more drinks for other people on my tab than I drank myself, and ended up having a standard Joyce-style tab for the night.

Let me just say a word or two about taxis here in the great state of Oregon. They are a joke. A person just cannot try to be responsible. If I was a paranoid person, I would swear the cops and the taxi companis are in cahoots. I cabbed down to the bar in no time, but when we left the bar at like 1:30 or so (who knows really) I phoned for a cab and they seemed confident it would come in about 20 minutes. Kim and Felt had called for a cab themselves, and we all sat outside and waited too long. Theirs finally showed up, but ours was taking FOREVER. By 2:30, we flagged down another cab, different company, and by the time we were halfway to our destination the original cab company called and said they were arriving at Mazatlan. I had to tell them we took another company because they took so long. Jerks.

I ended up spending the night (what was left of it) at our destination, but at around 6:00am I attempted to Houdini, which kind of failed since I called for a cab again and the guy needed the actual address and I had to wake up my host to get it. Then I waited again for the taxista, for like another 45 minutes, continually calling the cab company because the driver was lost (in the wrong complex completely, the idiot, and besides, how many fares do you have at that time of the morning?) and finally made it home at 7am. It pisses me off. For the hassle it is just easier to chance a fucking DUII, not to mention it cost me all told about $45 for 3 fares (and the one from Mazatlan was like a 7 minute drive!) (but I was smashed and there was NO WAY I was walking up a hill in the rain in that condition). I swear to God it is like being forced to drive drunk in this stupid city, and I was downtown! Forget about getting a cab after midnight in Beaverton, it ain’t happening. Hate ‘em hate ‘em hate ‘em, but we have no other choice.

Needless to say I slept away most of Sunday, was shaky and drained and completely under-nourished. Even today I felt like crap, despite the supplements I powered down throughout the day. Bleh. By the time I got home I was ready to go to sleep but I am holding off until 10 so I can get back into my rhythm.

That’s about it, again, I had a blast being out, I even sang a Gladys Knight and the Pips song, and danced with Felton. It was good to get out with good people. And good practice, I am afraid, for Cancun.

1 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes that was so fun. I wasn't sure if we stole your cab or if that was ours that showed up...lol. I have some good pics back that I'll have to show you. You're right, you need the practice for Cancun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home