Thursday, June 01, 2006

Happy Birthday to Sol ~

Woo hoo! You're like, I don't know, 32 or something... 35? I know you read this, and yet, no commenting. Fine. Kim will tell me.

Month end was boring EXCEPT I got like a whole bunch of presents! I haven't gotten work-related presents in like ever, I mean, like 5 or 6 years or something. So I got in yesterday morning at like 7:05 am and lo and behold, a gift bag on my desk. I opened it up and it was a $15 gift card from Starbucks and a "make-your-own-tumbler" set, also from Starbucks. Like those ones where you personalize it yourself with stickers and pictures and shiatt. It's very fun. Not sure what I will do to make it fun, but I'll think of something. If I had actual photos of stuff, or at least a color printer, it would be easier, or not, maybe that's just an excuse. It was from Esther, whose desk I covered briefly while she was in Vegas last week. She just rocks. It was so very nice of her ~ I mean, after all, I ENJOYED the rush of working her desk on the last day to sign refis. So it was pretty much win-win.

After gushing over my present, a little later I was going into my office when Nicky told me that John had something for me. Feeling a little nervous, I complied when he told me to step into my office (sure, he's white, but you know, it HAS been a while - OKAY I AM JUST KIDDING). On my desk was a Target gift card, $25 - apparently the company gives us these if we make goal (we must have). Yay! Starbucks AND Target? It's almost as if the two main reasons I actually boarded the plane back in February were welcoming me back with a little enticement!

Later, after gushing at John and Nicky for the giftie, the order desk girl (good Lord I don't know her name) came in with a big box from 1-800-FLOWERS. Oh my hell. What is this madness? After tearing it apart, and stabbing my pinkie finger with an acco fastener (stuff like that just happens, I don't know why), out comes a beautiful palmish/ivyish/flowery plant in a basket. Big. Lots of height (don't worry folks, I will let the plant lady know it is on her route from now on). I searched and found the card, and it was from Mary, the processor up in Bellevue who I worked with on Esther's desk after-hours from home. Turns out all those files signed, thanks to my logging into her email at like 8pm last Thursday for some unknown reason, and they all closed yesterday, so her month end was really good, and what do you know, SHE RECOGNIZED ME FOR THAT. I phoned her and thanked her. You know there is really nothing like getting flowers/plants/gifts delivered to your office.

We also got a free lunch (month end) so that was nice. I told John I was a little afraid to cross the street or plug in an electrical appliance, but here I sit, unscathed.

What a good day for Joycee!

So here I am back at work, it's almost 8am, first day of the month, feeling a little blah-ish (no adrenalin rush to get on files) and waiting to see if anyone gives me anything else. Okay, I won't get used to it.

4 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, June 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn....I want gifts...

 
At 9:39 AM, June 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funnee!!! I am sure you deserve every last one of those presents. I know that Sol reads your blog or how else would he know about the Mexican Karaoke restaurant we are going to on Saturday?! Happy Bday Solomon!

 
At 12:56 PM, June 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me...
I feel like a star that I made the Blog..

 
At 2:22 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger SS said...

Hey...I'd like a job like that! Wait a minute...I'm in the market for a new job!! ROTFLMAO

Seriously, good for you! It's always fun to get unexpected gifts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home