Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I got the juice. Now make the rain stop. Please.

Woke up this morning, another day sin jugo*, to rain rain rain. Oh my gosh, rain. Like, January-in-Oregon rain. It was dark even though the sun was up, and the drive to work was almost surreal. Seriously, I worked the last day of February and into March and it was never so dreary and winter-y as it was this morning. And all flipping day long, too. Rain just beat against my office window and the wind blew the shrubbery around it, just making it feel colder than it was (of course, it was like 56 degrees so it was already cold). I am not sure I can handle another day like today weather-wise but according to the jackass meteorologists, we might be in for it all week. Joy.

I may end up having a pretty good month end, I'm thinking. Nicky gave me a subdivision (condos) on top of the 26 or so I have opened on my own, and though I won't necessarily break double digits closing this month, it's a good jumpstart for June. I feel so much better where I am. And in a mere three weeks (three weeks TONIGHT as a matter of fact) I will be winging my way to Cancun. So there is nothing wrong with working three months and taking a vacation, then working three months and taking another one, and then working three months and... you get it.

If anyone from Cancun needs anything from up here, please let me know. I am already picking up sugar-free Koolaid for Elizabeth. Kim, do you need natural peanut butter? Licorice for Jan-Jan? Anybody want to order anything (light) for me to mule down? Fire away. I am bringing one suitcase but it is ginormous and I should be able to handle reasonable requests.

It is nearing my bed time but I thought I would slip in a post, plus having just returned from this meeting (concerning the jugo) I am a little wired up. It's perfectly okay for me to not go to bed RIGHT at 10, right? It's so funny how routines are SO IMPORTANT to me.

I have 2 movie tickets that I got at last week's seminar - what movie should I see (and please for the love of Pete do NOT recommend "Da Vinci Code". I am not a sheep. I may love "America's Next Top Model" and "Blow Out", but that is pretty much where I draw the line. The book was mediocre at BEST, and all the hype in this country surrounding this is just another example of how my fellow countrymen LOVE to bash anything that might be remotely traditional or cultural. The story itself was a pretty good one, though I have seen better writing, but that's just it - it was a NOVEL, people. You cannot turn on the TV anymore without seeing a documentary about it. It was a STORY, in case we have devolved to a level of education in which the word "novel" is too big a word. Okay. I'm over it.)? I haven't seen hardly anything that was out in the last year or so. I don't even know what they are. I did finally see "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and oh my HELL I loved that movie. I only wish it didn't take me a year to see it so that I could have participated in those conversations with Chris and Maria...

_____________________
* For the last 2 months I have been taking this juice in the morning called Tunguska. I can link you to it if you want but it was recommended to me by my sister Shelia and I love it. Seriously, Mondays are 1000 times better for me, I am no longer a slave to my snooze alarm, my mood is much lighter and I am not so stressed out. I ran out of it on Saturday and was not able to get any until tonight, and let me tell you, it was no fun getting up this morning. Monday was a blah day too. I think if I had to get up one more day without it I may have just stayed in bed. Call it psychological, but I love the stuff.

3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, May 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reluctantly, I screened "Over the Hedge" this past weekend. (Remember, Nicholas is only seven so he can't see Traffic, Reservoir Dogs, Clerks or Raging Bull until 2007.) Hedge is somewhat predictable but great voices and the last half hour has lots a yuks. Incidentally, I love that you're doing the Gen Xer thing with working, dropping out, working, dropping out and then moving. Have you thought about an RV? Don't see THAT movie though...or Arachnaphobia...or Spiderman II..or Mutual of Omaha's Wild Spider Kingdom in 3D at the IMAX.

 
At 4:51 AM, May 26, 2006, Blogger SS said...

OMG, JJ, Brad is funny!!

 
At 6:18 AM, May 26, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Brad doesn't realize that I had a secret crush on him the whole time I worked for/with him. I'm usually not that nice to people. He also doesn't know that I am not a Gen-Xer, that, born in 1965, I am part of the "lost" generation. But I guess it still applies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home