Sunday, May 21, 2006

Happy Birthday Barbie!

So it's 11am and I have been up since 7:06am (slept in, could have been up at 6:30 but then it would be 10:30 now I guess). I bought those little vibrate-y thingies for pest control at the Home Depot yesterday. They really aren't vibrate-y as it turns out, they emit apparently (or allegedly) a hyper-sonic (or as I described to Barbie when I went around and plugged in the ones I got for her, a keening wail) sound that is not detectable by humans or dogs/cats, but is to buggins, spiders, cucarachas, and rodents. The information on the propaganda that comes with it (after you open it) says they shouldn't be used by people who own hamsters, gerbils, etc., as they will go nuts, but I guess you'd have a hard time returning them to the Home Depot if the plastic packaging was all ripped apart if you purchased them as a hamster-owner and finally read the instructions. I don't really know why I wasted that big a sentence on something that doesn't really matter, but it's Sunday and I have clearly had my pot of coffee.

So so far so good. I mean, so far no spiders. That doesn't mean anything at this point. But the thing said it takes about 2 weeks for them to be truly effective. And Jeri said she has seen no buggins in the parts of her ginormous house that she has these things so I believe her. I guess we will all know soon enough, won't we?

I went to the Costco and re-upped (had to get a new card because for the life of me I cannot find my old one. The new picture looks like I am missing a critical front tooth. Anyone who knows me well enough to know about my recurring nightmare about losing my teeth will know how horrific that is to me), then promptly spent another $120. I didn't even get laundry soap or body wash (they had no Kirkland body wash! The blue stuff that has the avocado oil in it? I love that stuff! I'm kinda bitter). From there I hit Target, $41 there, and then to the Home Depot, where I spent $60. And then I brought the loot home, and went over to Barbie's and saw Benny. I had agreed to pay Barbie for utility usage during my longer-than-anticipated stay, so I dropped off a check there for a lot. Hung out there for a little while, and then went on to the Fred Meyer and did actual grocery shopping. $71 later, I should have NO BUSINESS spending money for the next 2 weeks on anything remotely related to eating, drinking and cleaning. I swear to GOD it costs a fortune to live here. I don't know why it is so appealing to people.

I watched a movie on IFC last night that was just wierd (well, it's IFC) and then I went to bed around 11pm. Got up this morning and have done 4 loads of laundry, read the paper, talked to Barbie for an hour and 45 minutes (it's her birthday after all) and have NO INTENTION of showering. Though I would LIKE to go tan, I really don't see that happening.

My friend Suzanne, who has just started a blog herself (see "links". I hope you guys visit those from time to time), mentioned recently that she thought it was sort of scary (? right? is that the right word?) to sort of open onesself (well, in this case, MYself) and tell everyone what the hell it is I do all day. See, I don't do anything, really. I guess the key is that I am just convinced that now and again I have something mildly interesting to say and you guys just tune in to see if that will happen again. Today, it didn't. But here you are!

And as much as I appreciate the offer, Jeri, I do NOT want you to swing me so hard that it re-breaks my wrist. Because seriously I think you could do it. I think I prefer to look deformed. But only in the wrist area - I still want all my teeth. Guess what I'll be dreaming about tonight?

4 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, May 21, 2006, Blogger SS said...

You are absolutely the funniest person I know! Laughed so hard I almost pee'd my pants!

 
At 3:26 AM, May 22, 2006, Blogger SS said...

JJ: Oh yea, I said I was somewhat nervous but that you give me courage!! :)

 
At 10:55 AM, May 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Notice how the Barbie ads pop up at the top of your blog now? You've been pegged as an 8 year old girl.

Rebecca

 
At 4:44 PM, May 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now its asking for hurricane victim relief. Which means something went horribly wrong and Google probably won't let me make .26 a month with Google Ads anymore. Oh well.

- Joyce at work

 

Post a Comment

<< Home