Saturday, May 27, 2006

Procrastination Nation

SOMEBODY MAKE THE RAIN STOP.

It's cold and I am considering turning the heat on again. I still don't have a mail box here (um, hi, it's almost been a month), so I have no idea how much my gas and electric is going to be. Far be it from me to go to the post office and pick up my mail (which I did last week for my paycheck and had no bills in it). Who makes a special trip just to pick up bills? I had no idea it would be this long.

Okay, so it's a 3 day weekend. Yesterday and Thursday were crazy busy as I covered Esther's desk for her refi-month end. She has a great team working (Emerging Markets group) and I will miss them when they get their own office space. Imelda is a kick in the pants and Caty rocks hard as an assistant - unfailing, smart, efficient, I wish she was MY assistant... But alas I have only 30 orders (and that subdivision that may or may not have platted this week) so at this point, no assistant eligibility. But how hard do I rock right now? Hi, it's May 27 and I have 30 flipping orders. I have only been back a month (you know, with First Am). I think I am cool. It must get better, however. I was digging hard on the adrenalin rush being busy on Esther's desk gave me, missed it. But got a pretty big headache about 3pm Friday and then just stayed in my office, working and praying for 5pm. Woke up with it still this am, and popped some Advil. Hm, guess what? It's gone now. Funny how the solution would have been so easy.

We are supposed to go to the Beaver game tonight at PGE Park. Sigh. It is RAINING and seriously it is freezing even in my apartment (window open, fan going, need air and circulation but for God's sake it is MAY 27), and the thought of sitting in the rain and watching baseball at 7pm is a little disconcerting. I will make the appropriate calls and see if anyone else feels this way. What is wrong with just going to a bar? It's been so long since I have drank anything, I hope I handle it well.

Okay so what else? I leave for Cancun in like I don't know, 17 days. Woo hoo. Wierd how I am not bouncing off the walls. I am excited, for sure, but I don't know, it's ... different somehow. I need to buy a digital camera. I almost did at Costco last week, but somehow resisted the urge. You know, because somehow only spending $1800 in a week was enough. How, you ask? Got me. Okay, okay, some of it is in savings but I look at savings as another bill. It must be paid. Plans. PLANS.

Today I am unwashed at 9:02am and have no intention of leaving the house until I tackle the two boxes in my bedroom. There is stuff in there that just NEEDS TO GO AWAY. And by God I am going to hang some pictures. And clear out the CRAP in the dining room. I don't think I mentioned this but I need an endtable. Then I am going to clean the hell out of the rest of this pad and then, ONLY THEN, will I have earned the right to shower.

I need a hobby. Think of a hobby for me, someone. And thanks but only one suggestion of a movie was (inadvertantly) offered: "Over the Hedge". You know, it was with good intentions, and really not SUGGESTED, but yeah, thanks, I will leave that to you of the parenting demographic. Why isn't there somone out there making a new movie in the "Traffic" or "Training Day" genre? I love those kinds of movies, when they are done well. Surely, in this "six degrees of Joyce J" life that I live, there is SOMEONE out there that knows Oliver Stone or Quentin Tarrantino... Oh, and Brad, you will be happy to know that I still recommend "The Player" to anyone who asks. Still a favorite of mine, always will be. You know why.

Must.... unpack.... boxes...

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVING THIS!

janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home