Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Killing time while I wait for my sister who may never show up

It's early. I got up at 5am because Benny is here doing Barbie's tile work and today both her showers are unusable. She planned to come by at 5:30 this morning so I got up at 5 to get my shower out of the way while she used the shower and bathroom until 6. Well, it's 5:51am now. I managed to slip in and dry my hair, and pretty soon I will be able to just finish that up because seriously, I don't think she's coming.

Saturday night was a good time. Jim and Shelia picked me up around 6:15 and though it was pouring down rain we went on over to Goose Hollow, got a table on the patio (there was a tent and heat lamps) and ran into Mel and Spike, two I have not seen since I'm back. Mel's sister and neice were in town from north eastern Oregon, so we joined them all and started having some beers. After a while Tom, Benny and Benny R showed up on the train. I hadn't yet seen Benny R either so it was a fun little reunion. We stayed until like I don't know maybe 9:30 ish and then someone wanted karaoke, and they apparently have it at the Mazatlan on Burnside (used to be a Red Robin). So we all piled in and went there. I used to know a bartender there, briefly. He wasn't there, but the bartender ended up being an old bartender from Azteca, so that was mildy entertaining. We stayed for like 2 beers, I sang (horribly, this smoking is doing nothing for my American Idol hopes) (yeah, right) and then Jim and Shelia drove Benny and I home. Not too late, not too drunk, and a good evening.

Sunday I ran around a little but didn't want to do much, so I bought a book ("The I-5 Killer" by Ann Rule - I have never read this, I love Ann Rule, and there is a link to the family in this book. One of the his victims was at a party my brother threw at our house on Valentine's Day '81 - me and Bryan O were the last ones really to say goodbye to her. She was leaving, and we were sitting on the couch telling her, "Stay, c'mon, what's there to go home to?" Turns out plenty. Horrible guy, the I-5 Killer) and hung out for a little while. Unshowered.

Becky called at like 2:30 and said though she had to do some yard work, she felt like coming over and drinking the beer in my fridge and having some laughs. She came over around 5pm and we did just that. It was a very fun evening, we killed the beer (even the ale that Jeri brought over that tasted like foot but was in the bottle that I am taking to Joe and Janet's in 13 days), and ended up having a pretty heart to heart talk about some things. You know alcohol. I am glad that we did. Some of the things she said really got me down, in the end, but I discussed it with Jan Jan yesterday and it turns out, it isn't me, it is a petty, insecure and pathetic individual who has plenty of time on her hands (NOT Becky!) that for some reason decided to target me. It is not my job to understand the whys of a person with such issues. All I can do is feel sorry for her.

Monday was definitely an "I am not leaving the apartment" day. I showered, because my hair on Day 2 Unclean was developing amazing curls (amazing in a bad way), but that was about it. I left to pick up a few things at the stop-and-rob on Scholls Ferry but that was it. It was a nice, boring, relaxing day. I didn't go to the grave and I suck for that, but I couldn't bear trying to park. I am up there plenty, and there is never anyone else there then. I don't go to church solely on Christmas and Easter either, so I guess that just justified my not going Monday.

Tuesday back to work, not a bad day, took care of some things, and today is the last day of the month. On to June I guess. I don't have but 2 files funding today and that should be mindless and easy (touch wood).

Barbie isn't here so I guess I will go ahead and finish getting ready...

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha Joyce...

Tasted like foot?????? What exactly does that mean???? I am home now, and that means back to the rain--sigh--Let's get together asap...I need a Joyce fix.....I love catching up on your blog, you really are most amusing......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home