Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Birthdays ~

Yesterday the 30th was my mom's birthday so a happy birthday goes out to CGtheGHB. She doesn't read this (no internet) and so she probably won't even know I am a day late. Today is my dad's birthday, he would have been 80. 80! I think that would have probably scared the crap out of him if he were still alive. I can't even imagine.

So I got up this morning, hosed off, and went errand-running. Went to Langdown (the greenhouse where I have been buying flowers for the grave since like 1981) and got some flowers, then went up to the grave and chatted for a little while. Then down to Target, then over to Fred Meyer, and then home to unload. Then I went over to Mom's again and got her car and took it to the car wash, and then I came home and chatted on the phone with Kimberley, and then went and got my pedicure and wax situation taken care of (Xiang is now moving down BELOW the lip... so now I have a beard. Great.), and now I am home and thinking I should nap a bit or at least relax some. Or put the fan together that I bought. Because I broke down and bought one. It's just a table fan but it will work out fine in the bedroom. It oscillates. It'll be fine.

Not much else new, but I will say that I confirmed with Nicky (my boss) that even though I only closed 15 files for June (hey man, it's only been 2 months) I am not fired. So that's the good news. I also went to the eye doctor - they have this new machine that takes a photo of your retina and I am happy to report that mine are healthy as little horses. Got some new contacts and they feel 4000 times better than the ones I got at Sam's Club. So that's good.

I spoke with Kimberley on the phone today, as I said, for like, I don't know, an hour and a half (she was with me in the car wash), and she really made a lot of sense to me (told me what I wanted to hear?) about the dilemma that I am in. I think I am leaning in one particular direction, and though I still need your positive vibes (thank you all for them thus far, seriously, they really help) I think I need to formulate a plan of action and just get to it. If I do what I think I might, it's pretty darn exciting and this means good news for you - you get to read about a little bit more than just my stupid boring day to day life as an escrow officer... but we'll see. We'll truly see.

3 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, July 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good to talk to you, I enjoyed the car wash especially. It was also nice to hear your mom's voice.

Good luck with your decision-making. Sending lots of positive vibes your way!

- Kim

 
At 7:17 PM, July 02, 2006, Blogger SS said...

Hey JJ...the best of the best to ya! I did publish something new...

 
At 11:03 PM, July 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know whats going to happen since I am told that I am a bruja and all. So no positive vibes really need to be sent. Your just scared thats all.

May the power be with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home