Thursday, June 29, 2006

Dilemma Girl strikes again

It's been a long week. Every morning I get up I think it's the next day. I really don't like that. Tomorrow is finally Friday, and though it is the last day of the month, I only have 3 files going and they are beyond prepped - balanced, released, letters ready, the whole bit. It should take me roughly 3 minutes per file to finish them, and then it will be 8:30am. Wonderful.

So Dilemma Girl strikes again. I have been given an offer and it is a great offer. There are a couple of edges to smooth out, and that can be accomplished fairly easily, with a little planning, but the rest of the decision is a tough one. It has to do with representation of myself, reputation, and work ethic pounded into me at an early age, mixed in with a don't-live-with-regrets, seize-the-opportunity, go-with-your-heart kind of attitude. I will spend this weekend deliberating, figuring, and utlimately drawing up a proposal of some sort or another. I am already tired thinking of it.

Isn't it funny how when the opportunity arises to do the one thing you really really want to do, there are speed bumps and hurdles and all manner of obstacles in its path? Seriously, I hate this grown up gig.

I need your positive vibes now more than ever. I spent some time trying to weed through a Doreen Virtue book but it all ended up sounding so trite that I found I couldn't relate. I will be pulling cards like crazy over the next few days, and I think I could use a good dose of Bridie while I'm at it.

Okay then. If any of you are in the dark, sorry about that, but right now I just need positive vibes in helping me through this. I appreciate it, you all have done so well for me in the past.

Let's lighten this up a bit.

New link! So I got this guidebook from a friend - direct from the source - and it is really a good one. Kindly visit the link "People's Choice Guide" - soon there will be information on how to order it, but for those of you living in Cancun, it is available at My Place (I am sure you are all familiar with the establishment...) right now. Even as a person who lived there, I found a lot of really good information in it - I think anybody travelling down that way will find it very useful. What's really nice is that it is a good size to pack and travel with - so if you find yourself on Ave Yaxchilan wondering whether or not to eat at a restaurant, you can pull out your trusty guide and find out what others thought of it. Seriously, I am spending a lot of time going through it and making notes in the back. Kudos to Eric - it really is a quality guide!

I will report back on my dilemma soon, so stay tuned, who knows, I may have some news....

4 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, June 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending positive vibes your way, Joyce!
Hugs!
Becky

 
At 8:57 AM, June 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meditate on your dilema and you will find the answer.

if not,

Monday Little feat play the blues fest at 9:00 pm

 
At 9:22 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Who are you, Dali Lama?

 
At 6:46 AM, July 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you're talking about, but ... good luck!

hugs,
janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home