Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I just have to say...

I am watching the morning news like I do every morning with my coffee and 45 cigarettes, and the big news (besides Lebanon, which is a whole other kettle of fish, since they are capitalizing on how Israel is bombing the smack out of Lebanon and reporting on how many people have been killed daily and AGAIN the war in Iraq is quietly looming in the background, where 1000s have been killed senselessly... oh I'll just stop now) is the heat that is coming this weekend. Today it will be 82 (oh NO!) but tomorrow it will allegedly be 92 and then in the 100s by the weekend. The news here shows a picture of the Willamette Valley (that stretch that runs from like Vancouver WA down to beyond Salem and Eugene I guess, I don't know, I just have lived here most of my life) and the newscaster says ..." and the whole Willamette Valley is in the 'Red Zone'!"

Well, shit, sister, you guys are the ones that painted it red!

I am sick to death of being told what to think. I swear to God I am just going to start watching "Roseanne" reruns or something in the morning. The rest of the sheep around here can watch this sensationalism...

7 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See. That's why I prefer not to watch the news....instead, I prefer to read your blog.

 
At 8:47 AM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous. Politics/news/media hype all frustrate me to no end...This is the first thing I go to read every morning! News is only good for the weather report...and yes it's gonna be hella hot here...bring LOTS of water on your trip!

 
At 10:34 AM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you too Kim. And Kim, if you happen to see these fabulous little mint candies I came across, would you PLEASE be so kind as to bring me as many as you can! LOL. They are called Dentyne FIRE Mints and they are in a cute little red box. I love them. They make me forget about the news and most problems actually. You should try them. They are cinnamon flavored. So if you could be a mule that would be the bomb. Thanks

Love,
Anonymous!

 
At 6:51 PM, July 19, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Anonymous who is clearly Elizabeth: Different Kim. THIS Kim lives here all the time and probably won't go back to Cancun until she can visit ME there! But I will tell the OTHER Kim, who arrives tonight at like 10:30, to bring some down for you. Good thing I can tell all you Anonymous's by the way you write... jeez.

 
At 7:43 AM, July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only do it to bleep with you. And frankly, it keeps my Becky on her toes as well.

 
At 7:43 AM, July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS THANKS!

 
At 7:36 PM, July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, your blog is much more fun than the news, anyday. Hope you are surviving the heat in the RED ZONE, Joyce! It´s hot here too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home