Saturday, August 12, 2006

Keeping up with the (blogging) Joneses.

Suzanne has inspired me. She is almost blogging more than me now and frankly, I need to step up. I promise not to throw in big, title-industry-related words or complain about my work. Though it's draining. Draining, I tell you!

This am I went and picked up a slap-happy Tom and went to the Beaverton Farmer's Market for the better Dave's Killer Bread selection and some soup lady soup. Thai curry something-or-other. In my search to find something spicy enough to satisfy my needs I am pretty much trying everything. Even my tacos from Sanchez Taqueria at lunch yesterday were not spicy enough, even with the salsa roja. Dang it.

Anyway, got the soup and the go-to Rockin' Rye (I tried several other types today, like the Good Seed and the Good Seed Spelt but dang it if I don't just dig that Rockin' Rye! It's the BOMB) and had run into Shelia... also had a Marc A spotting but Tom didn't want to approach him. Marc is a friend of Tom's from grade school, and we used to see him from time to time and all that but sometimes you just don't want to reunite... I always had a crush on him. From like before 1st grade and forward. Til like, I don't know, now. Isn't that kind of funny? I always tell him too so it's not like it's a secret thing.

Um, let's see. Pat was in town (or I should say "is") from Beautiful Cleveland (which, he reports, is really sort of a dying town. Apparently the entire east side of the Flats is vacant. His impression, as a "foreigner", and sorry to any native Clevelanders out there, is that it's the kind of town that the youngsters don't really want to live in. So like, they grow up there and want to move somewhere else, which is why he calls it sort of dying. You know, just old fashioned maybe. I loved it, myself, but I can see his point. It's a bummer because, I mean, it's Cleveland. He digs the hell out of it himself but then again, he is a "foreigner" and in his mid 50s.), so we (Barbie, Mom, Shelia, Jim, myself, Tom and Pat) had dinner at McCormick's. Surprise surprise (but I do love their food). Vicki and Rick were actually there (Pat is here for Vicki's 50th birthday - even though she lives in Irvine. They came up here to do a wine tour type of a gig). They didn't dine with us but were in the bar having a drink, so that was kind of cool. I have always dug the hell out of Rick.

Anyway, everything else, like work and that, has been the same. You know, I go to work at 7am with visions of a productive day and end up ready to kill somebody by like 8:30. But that is nothing new. I am going to be watching a DVD Shelia loaned to me last night to see if it will help my outlook. I gotta tell you, when I was in Cancun I was SO MUCH MORE POSITIVE. I don't know if it is just work here or the whole thing in general that makes me what I am here. Whatever it is I better snap out of it because it's not healthy. Though it makes for some comic relief (for others) when I am going off on something.

Okay, seriously, I have to vacuum and clean the bathroom and all that happy crap. Happy days!

3 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, August 12, 2006, Blogger SS said...

Lol...I haven't had that last name...yet!! Maybe I'm almost blogging more than you because I have no life! Lol!

 
At 5:27 PM, August 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm hungry, I want some of Dave's Killer Bread, I hate the bread here in Mexico!

-K

 
At 5:44 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger SS said...

Apparently I have a lot to say this month. But, never fear...there will be some down time coming up in about 1 1/2 weeks as I'm leaving for Hawaii for 10 days! Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home