Saturday, August 26, 2006

NOT a movie review. Sheesh.

I have been asked to update the blog about something OTHER than movies. Um, how do I put this? It's MY blog and I can do what I want? Something like that. Just kidding Shelia. Kind of.

So what has been going on? Other than getting yelled at a few times yesterday by the happy would-be buyers and buyers' agents of Building C, not much is new on the subdivision site. I am at a stand still for the most part (well, I got the okay to close the three Building B units that have been sitting in my stand up for three weeks now, but only with an enormous holdback resulting in a big fat dollar amount requirement from the seller, so does that mean that I can really close them? I will be really surprised if it happens). This whole situation is not making me very popular, until I give my shpiel about how I am required to provide clear title for their buyer and I am not able to do that. I mean, isn't the buyer the agent's primary concern? As opposed to the check? I would imagine that would be the case. I guess I should have rethought the comment of "It is not my responsibility that you chose a career that is commission-based and are having difficulty managing your finances"... sometimes stating the obvious can sound sort of snide. But, crap, I'm right, aren't I?

The weather has been fine if not a little bit cold. Interestingly enough, it has been in the 70s and low 80s during the work week then spikes to the low 90s in time for the weekend. That's good. Tonight Kathy, Benny, Tom and I are going to another Gilbert and Lori barbecue, so that should be fun.

I am much more red-headed than I was Monday, so that is something different. Prepping for my September trip... ummmm, what else? Tropical storms are beginning to form down that way and I find it interesting that travellers to those parts, counting the days to their trip, flip out about tropical storms and Cat 1 hurricanes. Wilma shut us down for a few months but she was a monster; anything they get this year, that slides by or even lands on top, will not be fun, but some travellers seem to think that a tropical storm will do the damage that Wilma did - come on, this isn't Florida! We are a bit more prepared in the construction department. Oh well, panic is one of those endearing human qualities, I guess.

Last night I watched a movie (ha!) called "The United States of Leland". It was an awful lot of talking, but I like Don Cheadle and it had a pretty good supporting cast. I liked it well enough, but I ended up being really tired when it was over and I attribute it to the lulling qualities of the constant dialogue. The good news is it didn't have a happy ending - this matters only because most Hollywood-type movies do, and life has a lot of both, so it's good to mix it up a little.

I know you have heard this all before but I have to clean. The laundry is going, that's a start. So I must leave you now and be on my way.

Oh, and as for La Bruja, keep checking this site, as there may be some upcoming developments. She's really good, isn't she?

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, August 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh, and as for La Bruja, keep checking this site, as there may be some upcoming developments. She's really good, isn't she?"


Well, I wouldn't know if she was good or not, because I'm still waiting for a reading of my cards!

janie :)

 
At 5:42 PM, August 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K. you can go back to movie reviews.

 
At 9:50 AM, August 27, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

You're not the boss of me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home