Sunday, September 17, 2006

Back to the mundane

So did I mention I lost my voice last Saturday while down south? Yeah, Liz came down to the zh Friday night and we drank anything that wasn't nailed down at My Place. Things on fire, things dropped into other things, even sippy things. It was quite fun and I wish I had had my camera. Meanwhile, back in the States, my voice is coming back but it isn't fully here yet and I still sound a little like a cross between Demi and Marge (Moore and Simpson). It's not as attractive as it sounds.

My trip was good - it was busy and I laid out minimally but we ran around a lot and that's fun for me. I got home late (as you know) and work was a big huge bummer on Friday, felt tired all day and didn't want to work much, but no one would play with me and John John was at a golf tournament all day. He told me it was very quiet while I was gone. So that means I am loud. Hm.

Anyway, Benny's 50th was a fun party, drank a lot of beer. Got home around 1 I think, and then stayed up to do some pretty unsuccessful drunk-dialing (which is good, the unsuccessful part, but I won't go into detail). Woke up Saturday in NO MOOD to get up (dolor dolor dolor) and the thing is, I was drinking BEER. What the fuck? When I drink tequila and beer, no head ache. When I drink beer and only beer, head ache. How about that?

Consequently I only went out yesterday to get Kathy to her car and hit the supermarket. Then it was couch city. How I managed to sleep until 7:30 today is beyond me, but I did. I got some Netflix - watched "Sorry, Haters" last night and though it was ... good ... it was a tiny bit disturbing.

I think I will break down and get a shower this morning, try to go tan (maybe) and get a little bit more done (like fold the laundry I did all day yesterday. It really doesn't count as getting all your laundry done unless you actually fold it and put it away), and then get back to work mode. I have to sit in training tomorrow for like 3 hours but it could be worse I guess. Not that fired up. I have GOT to figure out a way to realize the dream again.

Plus it is flipping FREEZING OUTSIDE and right now I can't feel my toes.

Oh yeah - GO DUCKS! 34 to 33 - good LORD what a game. I am so proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home