Sunday, October 08, 2006

Stay tuned (unless I lose interest in the project)

This morning I spent my time re-reading the emails from last year's storm. Good reading. It gives me an idea for my one-year anniversary blog entry, so I may be working on compiling and editing that content today. It's good stuff. Funny because I seemed so calm before it happened. Anyway it was nice because my genuine friends seemed to care. Others clearly didn't but whatever. One moves on, doesn't one?

Also today I am going to the Greek Festival with that Kim S and some friends of hers. Never been. It's Sunday so we are just going to go check it out, instead of festivals of yore when I would go on Friday night or Saturday so I could get hammered. Not really that into that so much anymore. It's gotta be the age thing. It should be fun, and it's just another excuse to go shower and maybe hit the mall before I go over there. Or not. I don't know.

I got DVR yesterday and I don't mind telling you it is going to take A LOT of getting used to the new remote. I am so far not that happy that I cannot control the TV power or volume with the cable remote. Pisses me off, actually. Two remotes? What is this, 1992? Surely I need to program something but the installer guys yesterday didn't have the guide book in his truck so he said he could drop it off for me today but you know, I don't feel like being charming a second day in a row to this guy (it was Saturday and he asked me how his Broncos were doing. WTF? Not to mention I was standing there in a Browns sweatshirt. So like, why would I CARE how your Broncos are doing? Plus, if you are such a Broncos fan, wouldn't you know that you were like 24 hours too early to even be asking the question?).

The good news is that because of the DVR and the DVR installation guy, I cleaned the bathroom, the kitchen AND vacuumed. Can you believe it? Though I miss some of the familiar lint patterns that had been with me for so long (I get separation anxiety), it's nice to see the carpet again.

Not much else to report except that my Ducks played poorly yesterday and I blame myself since I am a jinx. I don't know what else to say. Except Go Ducks! As a life-long Duck fan I am always going to support them. Plus the Beavers lost yesterday too so it just makes it that much better for me.

Signing off and hosing off...

1 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, October 09, 2006, Blogger SS said...

You're so sweet to wear a brown's sweatshirt - even though they still suck beyond words!! I'm sorry to say that I am a fair weather fan. Ok, well I did listen to part of the game, but I wasn't happy about the outcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home