Saturday, October 07, 2006

I couldn't have made this up if I tried.

I was debating whether or not this was Blog-worthy, but what the heck, Miss Thing Mexico Way is calling me out for blogging more than me, so here you go. It's about my dream last night.

You know how you have some dreams that are SO REAL that it's almost like you are watching them on TV but living them at the same time, and when you wake up they don't quickly dissipate in the time it takes for you to get from your bed to the bathroom no matter how much you try to replay it in your mind so you won't forget it? Can you believe that was just one sentence? Last night I had one of those. And the funny thing was, it was starring my boyfriend, Gael!

Seriously. Like, I somehow knew him. And I was hanging out with him, but like he had stuff to do and so did I and I guess I was in Mexico for like a weeekend because I knew I had to go back to work on Monday, but we kept talking on the phone and trying to meet up again, and, then we did, and took a spur of the moment trip to some like beach town that had these vacation bungalows that were like a cluster of four units with a shared bathroom... do you see what I mean by so real it was like you were watching it on TV? So like, his sisters came with us (we took a van to get there) and his mom, (though I know nothing about his real family, these were just components in the story) and each of them had their own backstory, that I knew, and they were hanging out with us for the day and were supposed to leave that evening. Since Gael had surprised me with this trip to begin with (remember, I had to be to work on Monday) I was not sure how long we were staying, but I got the idea that the family was leaving and it would be just me and quite possibly THE BEST LOOKING MAN IN MEXICO. So yeah, you know, who wants to wake up at this point?

I mean, we were like making out (no sex, get your mind out of the gutter, I woke up before any of that took place, and besides, what kind of girl do you think I am?) (don't answer that) and stuff, and he was saying all kinds of great I-want-to-be-your-boyfriend lines and shit, I was totally digging it, while all at the same time, in the back of my dream-mind I am thinking, Shit, Nicky is going to kill me, I don't think I called in sick today and if I stay Tuesday and then don't get back til Wednesday, I am so fired. So I was pretty worried during a lot of it.

Which started me thinking as I began to wake up (slowly, because I really REALLY didn't want to wake up), would you like, get in trouble, I mean really get FIRED for spending a weekend with Gael Garcia Bernal? Or okay, for the mainstreamers, with Brad Pitt? Or Denzel? I mean, what if you just blew off work - it's Monday, you no-show, don't call in, just aren't there - no one can reach you on your phone, and then Tuesday comes and it's the same story - they are starting to call your emergency contact person, but even THEY haven't heard from you, people are getting worried, the hospitals are called... (this is all assuming your boss likes you or you are the only idiot in the office that can work on the stuff on your desk) and suddenly, it's Wednesday, and you waltz in like nothing happened. Except, you know, with some sand still in your toes, a bit of tan, perma-grin, maybe a little bit of Gael-stank still on you (or Brad, or Denzel, work with me here)... Your boss comes flying out of her office screaming "This better be good!" So... when you tell her, "You won't believe it, but Gael Garcia Bernal (Brad Pitt, Denzel Washington) just whisked me away to a beach house and we made out like at 55 minute intervals for the last two days. I couldn't call because his tongue was down my throat most of the time." Would you get fired? I mean, if you could prove that it really was with Gael and not some "regular person"? Like, you showed her the digital camera with all the "self-portraits" of you and Gael on the beach, you and Gael walking through the little town, you and Gael on the sofa...What about that, though? Surely no-showing for your job because you spent the last two days with the neighbor's gardener or some random guy you met in a bar is a bad bad thing, and frankly, you SHOULD be fired. But no-showing because of a celebrity? Does that change things in our celebrity-obsessed society? I wonder. I think I'll ask Nicky on Monday.

For now, though, I am starting to wonder why during my dream I didn't just say Screw it, let me get fired, Gael is my new boyfriend and HE can support me. It would at least have had a little less worry in it.

But seriously, he is SO my boyfriend now...

4 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah um I don't dig Gael at all but you do and thats great. What makes me laugh is that it was totally a dream and you could have totally not gone to work and it wouldn't have mattered. But alas....you didn't! LOL.

 
At 3:29 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Well, I didn't go to work, but I worried the whole time about how in trouble I was going to be in. That is the thing that sucked, even for Dream Joyce.

 
At 7:22 PM, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyce - Have you seen "Dot the i" starring your honey? We found it in the bargain bin at Soriana, well Arturo found it, $25 pesos. It's called "Obsession" here, but it's not in Spanish, it's an English movie. And has a sweet little twisty plot. And Gael is buck nekked in it and omg those lips...RUN do not walk and see it. My favorite movie of the last year...K

 
At 7:27 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Kim -

Netflix'ed, and moved to the top of my queue. A nekkid Gael? It's one of my favorite looks... Thanks for the tip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home