Monday, October 02, 2006

Getting over it

I have been wanting to post a list of stuff the last few days but I am having difficulty deciding what it should be about. Right now I am thinking it should be "Things to Get Over". Problem is I run out of ideas after 1) old grudges, 2) other people's stuff and 3) yourself. Then I was thinking of things that I have learned after having lived here for seven months and through two whole seasons, but my life is so boring these days there isn't much to learn.

So instead I will just comment on my day.

It was a rough one (I was going to say "It sucked" but I was thinking I should get over it). Because of the departing chicas (Emerging Markets, I told you this already), I have inherited in the neighborhood of 35 files. Four of them which actually had to be paid out today. By me. And two sendbacks. Luckily I am over the whole control-freak thing (got over that pretty quick when I saw my desk this morning covered in files I knew nothing about) so I delegated. But I still worked from 7am to 6pm and am no where near through anything. Oh yeah, and that condo gig? Yeah, um, he has settled the huge lien and that means that all those flipping files will be closing in the next couple of weeks. Did I mention I don't have an assistant? So all the bitching and moaning I did about having little to do last month... I have said it before - I am the definitive "Be Careful What You Wish For" girl.

The sun I don't think even came out today, cloud cover, it's chilly, feels like Fall, I am tired and worked hard today, don't feel like I finished anything (because I didn't)... maybe my list should be about how to be thankful. Or how to learn to live with what you have (and that brings me back to Things to Get Over, doesn't it?).

Anyway, today aside, my weekend was pretty good - went to sushi with Becky from here (did I type that already? It feels like I typed that already) and her daughter Nikki who is now taller than me (and like 9th grade) (by the way, I don't know how to spell her version of Nikki so I am doing it this way. Sorry if it's wrong, Becky). That was fun. And then I hit the Latino Market with Kim , that was fun too (quick but fun). (God I SO feel like I typed this already. When did I blog last? Is my life THIS BORING?)... then Sunday (I guess I am just going to keep going, I'll find out soon enough) I hit Target and talked to Jan-Jan, it's funny because I knew she would call as soon as I was Target-bound, and sure as shit she did. Also chatted a lot with that Elizabeth and some others as well. And then... I took a nap. Baby steps. I did get some cleaning done so that was good. Lots of laundry and stuff.

Okay, you know what? I'm just gonna give up on this. I am having challenges typing and nothing is flowing and I am not feeling creative and I got in a pissing contest with a processor today so my energy is sapped (I won) and I am just going to go bail and hang out on the sofa the rest of the night.

Do yourself a favor and go read Note2Self - she had quite a day herself but at least hers is funny!

2 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, October 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a few days back and my attention was immediately arrested by your discussion of the Coach Bag, specifically the signature series. I happen to agree with you, Joycie, I don't like the signature line myself, except perhaps for a wallet or key fob.
However, my first Coach purchase was in 1988 and I consider myself an expert on the subject.
Rules to follow: do not pay money for a fake. Spend the 20 - 50 bucks on Starbucks or Barnes and Noble. You CAN tell the difference, whether it's a signature or not.

Buy a Coach because you like the brand. I have purchased Monsac, Brahmin, Cole-Haan, for example, but still find I go to Coach first.
I recently purchased one of their bags that was a limited edition. Not one person would immediately know it was a Coach, but every person has complimented me on it.
That's nice and all that, but I bought the bag because I liked it and I knew I would have it forever. It's kind of like collecting... If I had an extra $1500 laying around, I would try out Marc Jacobs - those are sharp.

your sister, Barbie

 
At 7:48 PM, October 03, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Thank you for understanding. It is just the way it is for some people. Like me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home