Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Booked

Yep booked for December. It will be nice to get back since it has been raining cats and dogs here since last week. The governer of Oregon came on TV today saying the whole weather thing has been blown out of proportion nationally, and, aside from really hard hit areas like Tillamook, he's right. It's raining in Oregon; how is that news? Oh right, we have to keep things like the war in Iraq as far away from the nation's attention as possible. At least they aren't blaming it on the Mexicans (illegal or not). Yet.

Speaking of Iraq, my sister Barbie called and told me that our ex-sister-in-law Nancy informed her that her son, our nephew, Matt, is back in the States and is flying home to North Dakota soon. Thank God! He has had some near-misses apparently but it appears he has come back largely unscathed. Well, physically, anyway. Just another opportunity to thank those people that have been over there as well as the ones that still are. We citizens back here at home may have our opinions on this war, but as far as the servicemen and women are concerned, they all deserve our undying gratitude and support. I'm happy he is back and okay.

Anyway, I go back to Cancun on the 5th of December, for a week. It is causing some unhappy vibes at work, and I am not used to being disliked. I work hard, though, I am supportive of my coworkers, I arrive early and leave late, am dedicated and good at my job. Oh yeah, and I am given the vacation time, too. I just don't like feeling the discord, because I have to be at work roughly 10 hours a day, I prefer it to be harmonious. Sometimes I am over-sensitive about this stuff, but I don't think I'm imagining it. It's really a bummer.

Not much else going on - just dealing with the rain (because it makes everything so cold) and working away. My rush of business last month is followed up with a big bunch of nuthin'. So I am doing clean up and catch up and closing a couple here and there. I surely hope it picks up, but not so much for the first week of December. That wouldn't be so good for me.

7 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, November 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Can´t wait to see you here! Don´t worry about the co-workers, I totally get the bad vibe thing, but pretty soon someone else will do something to move the bad vibes in a different direction. They are just jealous that you know how to take care of yourself and reward yourself for all the hard work you do! Don´t let it get to you. Just focus on how great it will be to be back here!
See you soon!

 
At 9:25 PM, November 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I mean it can't be as bad as them throwing their pen at you.

 
At 9:49 PM, November 08, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

See? I am so not appreciated here!

Liz, don't feel bad, I threw a stapler at a coworker once. And once I threw a hot iron at my brother Benny, but that really isn't the same.

 
At 8:15 AM, November 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't feel bad. Thanks. A stapler is quite heavy so I guess I'm not that bad a person.

 
At 8:36 AM, November 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im giving you crazy eyes right now, stay out of mexico, try vacationing in canada or even alaska.

 
At 10:37 AM, November 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give you crazy eyes. Violent tendencies are good. Get with the program.

 
At 8:58 PM, November 09, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Crazy eyes - Canada or Alaska? I'm freezing HERE and it's 50 degrees! Besides, I never see you anymore so it shouldn't matter where I go! :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home