Saturday, November 18, 2006

Can I just say something?

You might be seeing a trend in the last couple of posts... I guess I have got to learn how to shine some people on. I got a piece of mail yesterday that made my evening. Made it gloomy. I don't know WHY I let this particular person get to me the way I do. Perhaps it is because I was duped for roughly five years into thinking this person was a true friend (even termed "best" friend for a while there), was genuine, was honest, had a good moral structure. I think it bothers me now the most to know that after so long I was so wrong. I don't mind being wrong (when it happens) but this was a pretty emotional connection and in the end I wasted a lot of energy on it. Like I am now, actually. I need to get there - the place where I stop wasting my energy on her.

I am going to choose my words carefully now, because I do not want to stereotype and/or talk in generalities. But you know the kind of person who claims to be a Christian (or name the religion, any one will apply I think), shows the outside world a side that appears honest and good and moral, and then when no one is looking turns into a selfish, greedy (I might as well throw in slutty because that applies in this particular experience), dishonest jerk. I think we have all probably run into someone like that in varying degrees. I try not to be too suspicious when I meet someone under the guise of friendship, but after having been snowed for a number of years, it bothers me that I am almost being forced to question the motives of any one I might potentially befriend. Sounds sort of extreme, doesn't it? Well, you clearly have not run into Snow White here. Beware. She's a fraud.

Convince me that karma will get her in the end. It is the only thing I have to hold on to. The worst emotion that I can feel toward a person is pity, and I really, really pity her. She is in for so much disappointment, the worst kind of disappointment - emotional disappointment. I don't know if all religions have the same sort of idea as Catholicism, where you screw up and go to confession and do your penance and walk out with a clean slate, but isn't it all pretty relative? I don't believe in the sacrement of confession unless you're REALLY REALLY serious - and if that is the case, then you wouldn't do the thing you had to confess to begin with again. I think this person and many like her hide behind their religion, thinking that since they are of a (any) particular faith, they do not need to live a decent life spiritually, that it is predisposed no matter what they do, and that their actions in their daily life are offset by the fact they worship their God weekly. I just don't think that that is what God had in mind.

Okay. So it is no longer Friday night, or Saturday, and I am sort of over the thing I got in the mail, but the situation continues to haunt me when I spend time alone with my thoughts. I just had to get it out. Hopefully I will be done with it soon.

As for the weekend, I started this thing Saturday morning but didn't finish it, but I did nothing outside of domestic chores yesterday, and now it is Sunday morning and I NEED to get to the store to do some grocery shopping for a Food Day on Wednesday. It's raining though. I also need to hit Target sometime between now and, well, NOW, because after today the shopping shit will probably hit the fan due to the impending holiday season.

Not much else going on, Ducks are in the toilet, Thanksgiving is coming (not a huge Thanksgiving fan), kinda dead at work, bought a NEW camera (I'm such a jerk)... that's about all I got. Need to snap out of my mini-funk and start writing about stuff you WANT to read. Yeah okay, go to the store...

4 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, November 19, 2006, Blogger SS said...

OMG...my first year I dressed up as Snow White! But, you can't possibly be talking about me - I didn't write you anything! Lol

I know what you mean about feeling let down by someone you consider a friend. Try to remember that her actions say more about her than anything about you or the friendship. I find that feeling sad for someone who has such immense issues makes it easier for the anger & hurt feelings to dissipate.

And, yes, you can "say something" as it is YOUR blog!! Lol u taught me that!

 
At 10:03 AM, November 19, 2006, Blogger SS said...

that's supposed to say "my first year at the bank"!

 
At 1:46 PM, November 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyce, we ALL know someone like that ... you may think they're such a good person for many years and then you suddenly find out differently ... it's really sad when that happens, but remember, even though it hurts, it's not YOU, it's her!

love ya,
janie

 
At 3:05 PM, November 19, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Thank you all. And to elaborate, MW, MOST people suck. You guys don't. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home