Saturday, November 11, 2006

I don't even know what this post is about

Things appear to be back to normal in escrow-land. I've opened a bunch of orders the last few days but currently have nothing to close so it's been a tad on the boring side. Yesterday, the Veterans Day holiday for the working masses, the counties were closed, so there was nothing recording. "Lucky" for me I had a meeting regarding standardizing our escrow fees - it was in our Sunnyside branch. The Sunnyside branch is in Clackamas, which is 30 miles one way from where I live. Pretty much all freeway, but that almost makes it worse. Traffic wasn't terrible going there, though it would have been any other day, so it took me about 45 minutes to get there. It wasn't raining much, just that spray/mist/intermittent windshield wiper speed. Meeting lasted until 10 or so, and then driving back the rain was becoming more heavy, and though I didn't run into traffic issues on the way back, it was raining harder and harder. I-5 N between the 205 and 217 is flat as a pancake (stupid here) so the rain has nowhere to go, and visibility was next to nothing.

When I got back I had a conference call that I was 40 minutes late for (having to do with our computer system - I am a "power user" for our branch and have been since May but they just barely added me to the system so this was my first experience with the conference calls and frankly I want the next hour back). It lasted another hour, and by that time I was completely not into working. I remember when I was at National City back in the day, and it seemed like all I did was go to meetings. Some days you had back to back meetings the entire day. I recall being so irritated because there wasn't any time to do my own job with all the meetings - but my own job didn't really require much time. No wonder they eliminated my position.

I have things I need to do today on the outside, so I am trying to fire up for that. It's not raining just yet and the forecast calls for just showers while we wait for another storm system to come through beginning tomorrow. I just don't remember it raining this much in recent years. It's just depressing.

I ended up having to cancel the paper again. That didn't take long, did it? The problem was that I actually only received 2 Sunday papers since I started it October 15. I read that one and the other one from the next week is still over there in the entry hall, in plastic, untouched. Do you see what I mean? The next two Sundays, no paper, but that isn't what made me call the Oregonian yesterday and calmly yet firmly gripe and cancel. The problem is that I have been getting random weekday papers. And the paperboy (man? they drive now) is an excellent shot. I am usually up when the paper gets here, and the first time I got the random weekday paper it scared the bejaysus out of me, and when I figured out what had slammed against my front door at 0-dark-hundred it just pissed me off.

This last week, no Sunday but a Wednesday and a Friday, all slammed against the front door. Now I am really mad. So when I finally called the Oregonian on Friday afternoon to shut the flipping thing off once and for all, though fired up, I was nice about it. Now today (or right now I should say) it isn't raining so I guess I will gather them all up and take them out to the recycling bin. All this work for nothing. I'm serious, it just pisses me off.

So I started this post at the time it says, but in the middle of it Heather called - she and her man were coming back from the gym and on the way to Starbucks so I joined them. They are remodeling their house which is very near mine, and he hates it. It's kind of funny. All of their free time is spent working on it. That would just suck. I am so all about leisure it's not even funny. On my way back I went and tanned finally and so thus begins the pre-trip power tanning. I need it. I am practically yellow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home