Saturday, December 02, 2006

What I do when I should be hauling out the vacuum cleaner

Saturday update. You know, I really don't do much in general besides work. And work-related activities. Which really isn't true because I was supposed to go to a holiday function last night and I couldn't make it.

Today I am getting another piece of furniture from Shelia. She and Jim are delivering her sofa at around 2:30 today. So I have to finish cleaning this place (make it look acceptable, really, to others) and then I have a 12:30 pedicure and major wax overhaul because quite frankly I am a big furry mess. I need to vacuum and break down the growing number of carboard boxes in the entry hall, clean the kitchen (already did the bathroom) and somehow take a shower. As you can see, despite the need to get this done, I sit here, blogging.

REALLY not much going on. We had some weather but it wasn't much of anything, just cold, and I need a coat and some gloves because my apartment really isn't retaining much heat and I am sick to death of being cold all the time. I have been slowish at work and I assume since I am leaving on Tuesday things will pick up right about Monday, that's the way that works. I haven't really tanned much either, but that shouldn't be too surprising either.

Somebody told me you shouldn't shave your legs the day of a pedicure because you could get a staph infection from the ped water or something and die. Or something. I hadn't shaved my legs in oh hell I don't know, ever, so I did on Wednesday morning (you guys want to know this, don't you?) thinking that with the cold and all that it wouldn't be too damaging to Xiang by today. And you know, they really aren't that bad but it still is wierd to me to NOT shave right before a pedicure, and frankly, it's either a staph infection from the ped water or a Tri Met bus, either way, when it's your time it's your time.

So on top of the cleaning, blogging, and showering that needs to be done in 2 1/2 hours, I also need to hit Target (what am I, NUTS?), pack, make sure I have room for sugar free Kool-Aid, Pam's phone, some treats for Jan Jan and a box of business cards. Imeldita alleges she is taking me to the airport on Tuesday morning but criminy, it is SO EARLY. I feel badly making someone do that. We'll see.

Not much else, honestly, and I am really just procrastinating (like that's a big surprise) doing this with so little to say... sorry. I see the hits are dropping off here so I figured updating would be good. At least maybe it got you here.

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, December 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! It will be good to see you soon!
Beckla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home