Monday, December 18, 2006

This might be what you're looking for, but I doubt it.

Okay. So I'm back at it in full force. This weekend we had our Christmas party for work at Nicky's house - it was quite fun. I was in a crappy mood due to some not so fun news received at the end of the work day Friday, but it turned out to be a lot of fun and Nicky's house is awesome. I won a Cuisinart chopper/grinder thingie, so that was cool. Saturday I pretty much just hung out until around 2 or so, and then went over to Shelia's to spend some quality time with Cleo. Watched a movie Saturday night ("Friends With Money" - whatever), and then Sunday morning Barbie, Mom, Tom and I went to breakfast at the Kingston (I still can't believe I didn't have the chicken fried steak). Then home for some additional lounging, and then around 5 Barbie came back over, we went to get Becky and went shopping at the Square. I bought a bag. It's flipping awesome. Ha.

Work today? Not so fun. It's colder than CRAP out, I mean COLD. I SO don't remember weather like this before. I really truly am going to have to break down and buy a coat! Barbie loaned me some gloves last night and let me tell you, I would be suffering frostbite right now from scraping the windows this morning if it weren't for those gloves. Mother of God.

After the day from my good glory hell, I noticed I had missed an unrecognizable call on my cell and had a message, and don't you know it was none other than Dave! Yay! Here's Dave last week at My Place. I am quite certain that he is singing "Can't Smile Without You" by Barry Manilow in this picture. Dave is a big Barry Manilow fan. Okay not really, he actually hates any and all music that is not in the "heavy metal" category. But since he found out I am going to Barry Manilow on January 8 (and after he recovered), he chose to sing a little for our enjoyment. I thought I would die laughing. Anyway, Dave is in Clackamas (SE side of Portland) for a couple of nights working on a project he has been working on for some time now. We allege we are going to dinner tomorrow night. That should be fun. One week Cancun, the next Portland. What jetsetters.

Dave is the boy part of a couple that I have met in Cancun a few times now. Marita is his lovely wife. They live in Wisconsin and are a kick in the ass. I really enjoy hanging out with them, and they love hanging out at My Place, so it is pretty much win-win for everyone. Aren't they just cute?

There is a strong possibility that ol' Dave might have just finished singing a little John Denver for Marita in this picture. When you think about it, for a guy that hates all music that isn't heavy metal, he sure knows a lot of soft rock. There is more than one closet to come out of, you know, Dave.

Okay so yeah. What else? I didn't tell you much about Cancun because though I ran nonstop and had a blast with my good friends, it was, as usual, almost like I still lived there. So it's hard to like say what I did. I have funny pictures of that Liz doing her faces to the camera. I have fun Jan-Jan pictures. I did all my laundry so I don't have jeans where the pant legs are all wet at the bottom anymore. I guess if you have any questions, you can just ask me. Because I can't really think of anything. Plus my fingers are starting to get numb from the cold and the general lack of insulation (there is no other explanation) in this apartment.

Not much else, Christmas is coming upon us rapidly and I need to get some cards out quick-like. Plus some other stuff to do. Then a 3 day weekend and lots of lounging. I really enjoy lounging. It's so much better than vacuuming.

5 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, December 18, 2006, Blogger My Way said...

You are right. I think relaxing is so much better than any type of cleaning really.

I thought you only had one gang sign pic of me? What don't I know about these pictures? Did I approve how crappy they were or what?

 
At 12:13 PM, December 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't get yourself a coat, I'm gonna find that fleece of mine and send it to you when i come north for the holidays!!!!

 
At 12:13 PM, December 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't get yourself a coat, I'm gonna find that fleece of mine and send it to you when i come north for the holidays!!!!

 
At 6:16 AM, December 20, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

This weekend I will buy one. But it means I have to go back to the mall. That sucks BAD.

 
At 7:31 AM, December 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going to the mall the weekend before christmas does suck, but frostbite SUCKS WORSE!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home