Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow day!

So it's been colder than crap here lately, not very normal for us here in the Pacific Northwest, at least not consistently. But it's been like in the high 20s, clear and dry for the last week maybe (I actually did buy a coat), and after a 3 day weekend of more of the same, this morning I woke up at my usual 5:05, looked out the window and saw a dusting of snow over my parking lot and car. It wasn't too bad so I went about business as usual. By the time 6:45 rolled around and I was in theory ready to go, it was worse. I decided to wait a bit. By 7am, Heather phoned and said she would come get me in her Subaru because it was probably better if her car got stuck in a ditch than mine, since she has 3 between her and Chris and I just have the 1. So we left my house finally around 8:30am (clearly getting to work wasn't an enormous priority for either one of us), and here is a small photo log of our journey.

For my Cancunense readers, the Target (not the one you went to, Kim, this is the one near the mall).
This is driving down Hall just as you are turning left from Scholls Ferry Road (in front of the Target, actually. It's when I realized I had my camera).
We're already late, let's get a coffee. You know where.


This picture was taken about 11am out of my office window. The snow was letting up and they had agreed to release us at noon (or earlier if you felt you might have driving issues. We left at 11:30am).

So from work Heather and I went and picked up Chris at home and went to find some lunch. The Tilly was closed, as was Raccoon Lodge, so we opted for Si SeƱor - surprisingly good chili colorado - in the Raleigh Hills Fred Meyer parking lot. It was pretty busy. After lunch they dropped me off and now I sit here, mid-day again, home. I feel like I haven't worked in a month.

Portland isn't used to a lot of bad weather, and they are calling for freezing rain on top of this mess. There were a lot of spinning out cars and Tri-Met buses in turmoil. The Subaru (and Heather) was a champ, though, so we had no issues. But it's nice to be in houseclothes so early in the work day!

3 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, January 16, 2007, Blogger My Way said...

I like the pic outside your office. I know the cold sucks and all but I do miss snow.

 
At 2:44 PM, January 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the picture of Target!
Jijiji!!
I don't miss the snow, but the pictures are pretty.

 
At 7:16 AM, January 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that made me cold! It's probably just as well for you to get a little time off from work...you deserve that. I just hope you don't get trees breaking from ice on them, I always feel so bad for the trees when that happens.

- RiverGirl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home