Wednesday, January 24, 2007

It just gets darker and more bitter

So last week at this time it was flipping 28 degrees and there was snow all over the ground, and today it was 52. It's no wonder I'm sick.

I called in sick Monday, and I am NEVER SICK. I started feeling crappy about mid afternoon on Sunday and by Monday morning I was not well. I still am not up to par. I think I am getting a sinus infection, but I put myself on amoxicillin at the first sign of aching teeth. Thanks to that Becky I may have the dosage down right. I guess you will know if I never blog again. Just assume that my face blew up.

So what to talk about? What to say? Work is never going to change. I am a bit busier thanks to Everardo, who I avoided for a good few months when I got back. But now that he knows for sure where I am he has been opening file upon file with me. It's good too because they are closing. A plus. A lot of you don't understand what I do for a living, and that's fine. Just remember that closing stuff is good. You'll be fine.

I am still having problems with my subdivision, and I feel that they may never end. It's sort of cyclical, those problems, and today I was heaped with a big one. So it sucks because I am having a fairly groovy month end numbers-wise, and now I have to deal with this crap. I shouldn't be surprised.

Oh, good news, my friends Marita and Dave booked for May! Which means I am diligently searching for air fare. But for the love of God, MAY? That's like saying, Yay, my next trip is in 2008! It's like forever away! But soon it will become something to look forward to, and that, I feel, is what is missing from my life right now. Between now and then... what should I do? I need something, a goal, something fun or at least mildly interesting, to keep me going. Maybe I will dust off the dang novel and start working on that again. Maybe I'll submit something I have written to some local magazines like another Becky suggested. Maybe I'll go tanning again. Or just shave my legs. Just something.

I am looking forward to Saturday, however, as Kim and I will be making a Target and DSW run. That should be fun. Something different. And shoes, you know I need 'em. Maybe if I get some new shoes my marketing rep will market me. Maybe that's it! She doesn't like my shoes! Considering that just one pair of my Danskos cost more than she has spent on purses IN HER LIFE, she should bloody well like my shoes. Bitch.

Committing to blogging twice a week sort of brings out the scarey side of me, doesn't it? Imagine working with me.

2 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, January 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I ever miss escrow, I will just read your blog.

 
At 7:55 PM, January 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, you are too funny. I hope you do submit something to a magazine, that would be cool. And May isn't that far away. Good luck buying shoes.
- RiverGirl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home