Monday, January 29, 2007

Here I am!

I am so lagging behind...

Sorry I haven't blogged consistently but you have to understand how insanely mundane my existance is here.

Friday I left work at 4 to get my hair cut and colored. Becky left me a message so I phoned her back when I got done, around 6:45, and met her directly at Ernesto's. It was old home week. She had become friendly with some old-timers that know my brothers well, and we figured that out after much conversation. Miller arrived as well and gave me a ticket to his retirement party, which of course coincides with a wedding that I am going to. Can't believe he is retiring. Sheesh. I'll try to hit both.

We left Ernesto's (when I say "old home week" I mean OLD home week. There is absolutely NO WHERE to go for young folks in Beaverton - at least my side of Beaverton) around 8 and wound up at The Cheerful Pit Stop, another one of those Cheerful bars (not that it's a cheerful bar - it's a Cheerful bar, meaning there are a few of them and they all start with Cheerful. Because frankly, cheerful it is not). We sat down and ordered a pitcher and a few minutes later karaoke started (because you know what? You cannot swing a dead cat in this town without hitting a karaoke bar), and the first singer was an Axl Rose wanna-be and I don't mean that in a good way. The line up for the rest of the singers wasn't looking much better. A few minutes more and I heard my name being yelled and a guy in a baseball cap waving his arms at me... since I don't normally notice things, I didn't expect it to be anyone, but it turns out it was our Sol. I haven't seen him since like May and he was there with his girlfriend, so Becky and I joined them. You know it's always good to see you, Sol (he's a reader), you have to remember to not be such a stranger.

We hung out with them until they left, putting up with the constant flow of songs-I've-never-heard-before while casually flirting with various and sundry patrons - a variety I wouldn't normally put up with. I never go out. Seriously. So ultimately the night ended with a little harmless make out sessions and AS USUAL, I got home at 4. I wonder what it looks like at 2am in my apartment? I'm usually either in bed sleeping or somewhere flipping else. One day I will find out.

Saturday that Kim and I went shopping at DSW. She phoned at about 9:15 (normal not-drunk-Joyce would have been up for 2 hours by then), and we agreed to meet at 10:30 at her house. I made it. Honestly I was still a little drunk, but the flip side to this would have been sleeping on the couch all day, so I am glad I got the push. It was a beautiful day (actually not going to complain about the weather the last week or so - dry, cold, blue sky - I love it). We shopped at DSW, then went over to Sweet Tomato for some grubbin, then hit the Target. I think I got home around 3:30. Took a swan dive onto the couch and napped until 4:30, then brushed myself off and went to the grocery store. All in all a pretty productive day.

Can't say the same for Sunday so I simply will not.

Work is busy since it's month end and I am getting docs all of a sudden by the truck load. It's actually been my best month so far, and why not? It's almost been a year. Something has GOT to give because I am growing weary of escrow and trying to make people happy. It's hard to make other people happy when you really aren't that happy yourself. But I got some brief news today that might bring a change to my demeanor, and I will just keep my fingers crossed and my mouth closed for now. I would love you all to keep your fingers crossed for me, too, just in case.

So that's it in a nutshell. After months of zero social life I have made out with 2 different strangers in 2 weeks, drank my weight in Coors Lite, and am breaking all manner of records in the nap department. It's nothing to be proud of, but right now, it appears to be my life...

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, January 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all your recent accomplishments and I´m keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

 
At 7:52 AM, January 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew, I would make your blog, wooooooooohoooooo..

It was great seeing, at least for the time I could remeber..

 
At 4:58 PM, January 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I'm going to keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you, then I want to know WHY?

Email me the details immediately!

luv ya,
janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home